TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 07:35:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 128
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 51
  • Total: 52
  • @rjen

Microsoft to Acquire Skype

Started by Lesmond, July 29, 2011, 02:32:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lesmond

QuoteREDMOND, Wash., and LUXEMBOURG â€" May 10, 2011 â€" Microsoft Corp. (Nasdaq: “MSFT”) and Skype Global S.à r.l today announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement under which Microsoft will acquire Skype, the leading Internet communications company, for $8.5 billion in cash from the investor group led by Silver Lake. The agreement has been approved by the boards of directors of both Microsoft and Skype.
Read more here

Ken.

Hopefully they (MS) will continue to develop Skype and not let it wither and die.

" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

ZarPrime

Yeah, I first heard about this a couple of months ago.  I hope they don't screw it up but nothing seems to have changed yet.  I know a lot of people who have already switched to ooVoo.  I have it installed but have never tried it out yet.  Anyone else try it yet?

ZarPrime

AntonioSimon

Quote from: ZarPrime on July 29, 2011, 02:52:22 PM
Yeah, I first heard about this a couple of months ago.  I hope they don't screw it up but nothing seems to have changed yet.  I know a lot of people who have already switched to ooVoo.  I have led lights installed but have never tried it out yet.  Anyone else try it yet?

ZarPrime

Skype has made good progress in last few years thanks to Microsoft