TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 25, 2024, 06:16:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,197
  • Total Topics: 21,221
  • Online today: 155
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 142
  • Total: 142

Problem installing from my package manager

Started by a2xs, January 31, 2008, 04:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a2xs

I followed all the directions from the docs and I was trying to install TP from my download manager and I get this message:
QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
Could not upload package, please check directory permissions! 

I changed all the permissions from my vDeck and I'm still getting the same error.  Can someone tell me which file I have to change the permissions?  Because I changed all of them and is still not working.  I've been trying to install TP for approximately 4 days now.  I've tried doing it manually also and nothing happens.  I even tried to start from scratch, thinking that I missed something but the end result is the same :(.  I'm getting tired and frustrated.  I didn't want to ask for help sooner because I've been searching through the posts to see if I can find someone with the same problem but no luck.  Can someone please be kind and help me out a little.  I love this board/portal better than the others and I would be miserable if I go back to phpbb.   Thanks in advance. :)

G6Cad

Can you please read our posting guide for the support forum, and when you have don that, make the proper changes to your first post.

The error is more a SMF question then TP as the package manager is their department, but a look in the doc section will leed you to the manuall install instructions.

john10

I have problems uploading the themes: said the packages are corrupt or not valid.   This is with all the themes I downloaded so far.  none seemed to work.  What is happening?

G6Cad

Themes dont work in the package manager, only mods.
You have to install the themes from themes and layout manager.
The info how to manage your SMF forums can befound at simplemachines.org

With this answer i hope you read our posting guide next time you need help with the postal mod, cause right now you didnt even read it.
You hijacked another topic with a question not even relevant to what we support on this site.
So please, next time, take your time and read through the info we have, Sticky topics, docs, and posting guides.

john10

Quote from: G6 on February 01, 2008, 09:23:28 PM
Themes dont work in the package manager, only mods.
You have to install the themes from themes and layout manager.
The info how to manage your SMF forums can befound at simplemachines.org

With this answer i hope you read our posting guide next time you need help with the postal mod, cause right now you didnt even read it.
You hijacked another topic with a question not even relevant to what we support on this site.
So please, next time, take your time and read through the info we have, Sticky topics, docs, and posting guides.
sorry. newbie.  In fact, I can't even find an icon to post my own thread.