TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 07:33:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 34
  • Total: 34

Why aren't uploads uploading?

Started by mnichols7, September 24, 2006, 06:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mnichols7

In the download manager, I attempted to upload twice, two different videos, and nothing happened as far as I could tell.  Do I need to activate something or give permission, kind of lost here as what I should do to get these files uploaded.

G6Cad

If it is you as admin that upload you shouldent have to set any permissions as you already have all there is to have there ;)

But what i can think of after the set up i did, are that you need to change every file permission manually as your server sett all files to 644  :-\
Check the tp-downloadfiles and see if the files you uploaded are there, if they are not, change the permissions to that file from what it have now to 777, and then after you have uploaded in that folder, you have to manually change the permission to every file IN that folder

mnichols7

Okay, I'll try that, I hadn't set any permission since you updated the site, and as admin I should have been able to upload.  Thanks, 

mnichols7

Yeah, everything in my cpanel was set to 644, and in downloads that what they were but the ones I attempted to upload weren't there, so I am trying again.

mnichols7

I did a FTP transfer of a file directly to TP downloads, I set the permissions to 777, but they are still not showing up in my downloads section nor the submission.  Any ideas.

G6Cad

In order to get the file listed in your download section, you have to upload it through the download manager, if you just send the file up through FTP. the download manager will not know it's there

IchBin

Another problem could be that your don't have the proper upload limit set either in TP admin or the php.ini file on your server.

mnichols7

I found out that is the problem, because a document uploaded find, a video is a different story although it was smaller than the limit it still needs to be compress for the web.Ã,  I have one video that I had uploaded before the upgrade and I rememberÃ,  :uglystupid2: now that I did compress it for the web.Ã, 

What would be an acceptable file sized to allow?

G6Cad

I have mine set to max 10mb, but all depends on how much storage you have avaliable on your server.
Set it to 5mb and see if that will be good :)