TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 04:25:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 98
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 73
  • Total: 74
  • tino

IE Scrollbars

Started by Delayed, March 17, 2006, 10:09:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delayed

I hate the fact that my last few posts have been reports in the bug board.  I really like this mod and hopefully someone appreciates me posting my findings.  If not let me know and I will quit. 

I have some articles posted to show up on my front page and they appear to show up fine in all browsers when a user is logged in.  The only problem is that when viewing my front page as a guest in IE some of the posts on the front page show up with scrollbars.  If I log in through IE the posts show up fine with no scrollbars.  Has anyone else seen this problem?  Is there a setting that I need to change for guest users in the PHP files that may not be set my changing user settings.  Such as post length?

My compliance with IE is seriously in Jeopardy but there are several people that use IE even though I have told them not to use that browser.  I am just setting up my site that is why I have been testing so much.

Mac computer

retailhaven.com is the website.

Thanks

pgc_boss

Hi there ...

I've just been browsing your site in IE7bp2, FF1.5 and Opera 8.54, on my laptop.

On the front page, I'm seeing the posts that are being pulled out of your News & Deals forum, and I'm not seeing any that cause a scroll bar in anything.

Two things I can think of off the top of my head, both of which are connected.

Screen Resolution
Link length.

I'm running at 1024 x 768. At this particular moment in time, the link for the Lekmark printer from WalMart is almost longer than the center column. If you're running at 800 x 600, I've a feeling that this will cause the scroll bar issue.

How are the links being input into the forum?? Is it PHP or HTML code?? I'm thinking that if it's coded, the code may not be allowing the links to break cleanly across lines.

bloc

Its the content that does it most times..but since it changes when logging in, it could rather be the TPortal.template that does it. I have changed that one a lot for v0.9, so it may work better then.