TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 03:38:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 128
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online

Safe Upgrade to RC3?

Started by iBrood, August 23, 2006, 12:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iBrood

I have a TinyPortal powered website www.thinknest.com that I wish to upgrade to SMF 1.1RC3 with tinyportal and a few other mods that are installed. What package of SMF should I use and how should I go about it for a safe and quick upgrade?

Thanks,
Abhinav

G6Cad

Non of the packages that you can have to day from this site.ÃÆ'Ã, suggest you wait until Bloc release Tp V.095, thats more compatible with 1.1rc3 and 1.0.8.

If you upgrade to 1.1rc3 you will have to reinstall all your mods you have installed now.

iBrood

Then I guess I better wait. What kind of time frame would you expect that release to be in? Tis website is already running on RC3, so there must be a BETA version in the works.

G6Cad

From right now to a few days. Bloc is taking all his free time on TP V.095 to get it clear for release, he dont do anything else at the moment :)

Jpg

I was wondering how do I upgrade to rc3. Because I tried with a test site and...lets just say something went wrong, luckily I was about to delete the test site...

You can make fun of me now.

G6Cad

This is for SMF to guide you through when 1.1rc3 is SMF ;)

Basics
Download and extract the upgrade package, upload all the files to your forum (overwrite the old ones), and then point your browser to upgrade.php

Jpg

I did that but it messed up...well...I'll get it right when the time comes.