TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 11:51:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 128
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 59
  • Total: 59

TP isn't Free

Started by gfxindia, September 23, 2006, 04:26:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IchBin

haha. Well if TP went paid I probably wouldn't be here either if thats any consolation to you. :) I certainly believe Bloc would deserve anything he would gain by doing so, but I have my own personal reasons for being here. I'm a believer in the Free Software Movement.

Lord Anubis

Hell look at the great support here, you cant get that anywhere!  and that is a promise...  I simply love TP, and this forum makes it that much more enjoyable

bloc

Probably have said it before but..TP will always be free, as SMF is free. But in the worst case scenario that SMF goes paid, neither myself or TP will stay with it. Judging by the SMF teams opinions thats not even a option so.. :)

Not that it is anything wrong wih paid software, quite contrary, if it has quality it deserves its price. But this project is built on the premise of being free for everyone, just as I have enjoyed free scripts and software for years. I am not in it for the money - although the paid themes provide some income, its a long way from coverering the time spent lol. But thats perfectly ok of course. I do it because I enjoy it. :)