TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 09:30:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 29
  • Total: 29

Michael Jackson dead

Started by lesmond, June 25, 2009, 11:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sturmkatze

Quote from: Zetan on July 06, 2009, 03:15:47 PM
Perhaps if he had the money, those re-enactments wouldn't "acted" any longer ;)

best start Moonwalking.. there's a gap in the market :P
Do you really think so? Reenacting is a hobby just like any other. We don't hurt people, we don't go out and beat people up. My reenacting is not like some biker w/ no muffler on his Harley, going down the road wearing a t-shirt that says "Can you see me NOW ASSHOLE!" right where old people and children can see it.

History is neat, unfortunately the way it is taught in school, it is very boring :(

Lord Anubis

belt-fed machine guns not legal :P

but if they are for re-enactment purposes (replicas) thats a different story :)
so not scared anymore whoo hoo :D

sturmkatze

Quote from: Lord Anubis on July 06, 2009, 04:54:06 PM
belt-fed machine guns not legal :P

but if they are for re-enactment purposes (replicas) thats a different story :)
so not scared anymore whoo hoo :D
Ahh contraire... depending where you live, they are indeed legal. Yes, you have to go through some paperwork, background checks, pay a special tax stamp, but you can own an MG. Not in place like NY, NJ, IL or Cali and maybe a couple of others, but truly, it is legal. They don't just let any idiot have one--which is WHY no one has committed a crime w/ a legal MG. Of course, if you're not in the US, that doesn't apply, but in the U.S. ...

And for the most part, we use the real thing in reenacting... they're "blank-adapted" to fire blanks. Unlike Hollywierd shows, semi-auto and full auto, etc. guns don't cycle w/ out something to restrict the gas when fired w/ blanks.

Have I just horrified you? I don't have an MG, I was always more interested in eating, but... back in the day, I could have bought a belt-fed Maxim '08/15 for $1800. I just didn't have a credit card and he wouldn't take payments. C'est La Vie! >:D