TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 01:27:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 112
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 43
  • Total: 43

showcase posting guide

Showcase Board Posting Guide

The Showcase Board is for our Members to Showcase their sites that use SMF and TinyPortal.

Any topics for sites that no longer use TinyPortal are subject to deletion at any time, at the discretion of the TP Support Site staff.

stumpburner

Started by beast, January 24, 2011, 11:55:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beast

GENERAL stumpburner
Site Name:stumpburner
Site URL: [ link removed, no longer using Tinyportal ]
Site Owner: beast
Site Designer:beast
Theme Designer:
Site Genre: Discussion Forum

INTRODUCTION*
   stumpburner is just a friendly site, with about 80 members that talk about most any thing. There is a few topics for everone. There is also a few games for when you just want to play and relax. I have made a few changes to it and I am open for suggestions on how to emprove it.
I run SMF 2.0 RC3. Working with TinyPortal has made it a lot easyer for me  :D As you can guess, I'm new at all this. But! I'm loving all of it :D ;D
FEEDBACK (optional)*
Don't have one, Don't want one, Not gona get one

IchBin

Edited your post so your link would work. I like the theme and color of your site. Other than that, it looks like you have a great start. You need content on your frontpage to draw in people. But that will come with time and experience. :)

WillyP

Looks nice!  Couple of suggestions:

Rus

I wish we could.  Thats how that RSS feed looks.  Its not a great feed but when I put it in it was the only feed I found on their local area.  :(

WillyP

You can add styling to your feed.  For example, take a look at the image in Firebug and you will see that it already has some styling on line 322 of /Themes/default/tp-style.css.  To get some space between the image and the text, either remove 'margin: 0 0 2px;' or change it to something like 'margin: 0 5px 2px;'.

The little box that looks like a check pox is actually a 1x1px image with background and border.  Unfortunatly there is not a good way to target it in css, to remove it.

Line 291 deals with the title, if you add 'clear:both;' to it, it will move the title below the previous post.  Then I would also change the border-bottom to border-top, to make it clear which post the title is part of.