TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 07:46:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 112
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 63
  • Total: 63

0.7 Menu Manager

Started by nokonium, August 28, 2005, 07:38:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nokonium

Much improved, I like being able to link a menu item directly to an article or a link, without having to create a category. I'm finding it much easier to work with.  :)

A couple of questions, how do you use 'Headers' and 'Spacers'? How do you get the different coloured TPdividers to show? Am I right in thinking that in 0.72 the red and green buttons are just to turn the item on and off and not show that it is either one or the other?  :-\

Still a bit of a gremlin in the order of menu items. Up to 10 items it is fine, over 10 and it is starting to jumble up the order when you add an item or change the order of items.  :(

If I create an item as a category only it is still clickable and brings up the first article or if I make one a header it is still clickable and gives a blank page with 'No articles in this section'  :-\ 

Bjørn

It might be that you haven't gooten the database propely upgraded...so a filed is missing.These errors should have been corrected in 0.72.

"Headers" will insert a bold text which you supply. And a space just skips one line.

The red/green change to a red/green ring when its "off"..and the other is "on" of course. So press the color you need,and it will be "full" red or green => off or on. 

Links to category will show "empty" if it doens't contain articles..it doesn't check that, merely links to it.

Nokonium

It was a fresh install of SMF and TP 0.72, there was nothing to update and no other mods. I have checked the Package manager and it says 0.72 although in the portal it still says 0.65. (my other test is a 0.72, installed over 0.71 and that still says 0.71)

The red and green buttons work, in that they turn menu items on and off but they don't change themselves, they don't display a ring, they are both on all the time.

I've found another hiccup, if you set the article to 'Do not use title/frame' it displays the title, if you select 'Use just the title' the title doesn't dispay.

Bjørn

this is strange...I will check this more.

Was there any left-over TP files before you started the install? or was it a empty folder?

Nokonium

It was the same folder, but I deleted the main source and template files (I think  :-\ ) and I removed all of the tp and smf database entries.

Nokonium

I think the gremlin is related to meÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  :uglystupid2:

I've completely reinstalled and it is the same ........ in my own customised theme, it is however OK in the default theme. I have reloaded all the Tportal images from the innstall file and they are now OK and the header/no header for articles works properly now as well.

Bjørn

Nokonium

The lesson here is keep a 'pristine' default theme and check back to that before you post.  :-X