TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 12:29:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 53
  • Total: 53

[Discussion] Recent TOPICS scrolling with hover over previews.

Started by prometheus fire, January 03, 2010, 02:09:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

agent47

Hey Zarprime,
What I am about to say may seem unbelievable but I'm going to say it anyways. Honestly and I'm not proud to say it but I didn't buy this theme but it was shared by a friend of mine so he possibly removed it. If you look at my site you'll notice that the rest of copyright links exist which means I have no reason at all to remove JUST the Dziner Studio copyright link. Like I said you may not believe me but I just had to say it. Anyways I'm trying to add Dziner Studios link as we speak.
And about the recent topics, my apologies I didn't know this was a separate mod with the marquee. I thought this was the same, basic version of the mod which is recent topics with hover over previews. Anyways still think you can help me out with removing the icon array?

EDIT: Nevermind. Managed to fix it without breaking anything else. :)

insanemustang

Freddy

Hi mustang,

Can you tell me what version of SMF you are on, I'm guessing SMF 1 or it would not work at all.  And also what version of TP please.

QuoteI isntalled the NiceToolTips mod and then I put the original code into a PHP block to be sure I could get it to scroll at all.  It won't scroll up.  Until I can figure out why not, I can't worry about changing the direction.

Did you get it to scroll ?  There is a little delay before it appears...

ZarPrime

Quote from: agent47 on January 28, 2011, 08:31:20 PM
Hey Zarprime,
What I am about to say may seem unbelievable but I'm going to say it anyways. Honestly and I'm not proud to say it but I didn't buy this theme but it was shared by a friend of mine so he possibly removed it. If you look at my site you'll notice that the rest of copyright links exist which means I have no reason at all to remove JUST the Dziner Studio copyright link. Like I said you may not believe me but I just had to say it. Anyways I'm trying to add Dziner Studios link as we speak.
And about the recent topics, my apologies I didn't know this was a separate mod with the marquee. I thought this was the same, basic version of the mod which is recent topics with hover over previews. Anyways still think you can help me out with removing the icon array?

agent47,

I have no reason not to believe you when you say you didn't remove the DZ Copyright.  In any case, we'll talk about this privately.  I will send you a PM.

ZarPrime

insanemustang

Quote from: Freddy on January 30, 2011, 02:21:32 PM
Hi mustang,

Can you tell me what version of SMF you are on, I'm guessing SMF 1 or it would not work at all.  And also what version of TP please.

QuoteI isntalled the NiceToolTips mod and then I put the original code into a PHP block to be sure I could get it to scroll at all.  It won't scroll up.  Until I can figure out why not, I can't worry about changing the direction.

Did you get it to scroll ?  There is a little delay before it appears...

I did not get it to scroll at all.  I did not see any text, and it did not move.  I am using SMF 2.0 RC4, and TP 1.0 RC1.

Freddy

insanemustang

I don't think so.... I don't have a chat box, or shoutbox.  But I am not 100% sure.

Here are the mods I have installed:
1. TinyPortal 1.100 [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
2. Treasury 2.08  [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
3. ENotify 2.0  [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
4. Aeva Media 1.4  [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
5. AJAX Instant Quick Reply 1.0.4 [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
6. Thank-O-Matic 2.0 RC2 [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
7. Enhanced PM Warning Message 1.0  [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
8. Google PageRank Icon 1.0  [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
9. 2-SI Chat rev31 [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
10. Share This Topic 2.5.1  [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
11. Tapatalk SMF 2.0 RC4 Plugin 1.2.2 [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
12. Pm Number in All Pages 1.0 [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
13. Contact Page 2.1.1  [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
14. TinyPortal 1.102  [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
15. Tapatalk SMF 2.0 RC3 Plugin 1.2.1 [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
16. Ad Managment 2.3.6.4  [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
17. Show your social networks 1.0  [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
18. Ultimate Profile 0.9.1  [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
19. More Spiders 1.2  [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
20. AjaxChat Integration 3.2.1 (modified for SMF 2 RC3) [ Install Mod ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
21. Join date and Location in Posts 1.1  [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
22. Spiders Don't Increase Topic Views 1.1.1  [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
23. Good Post/Bad Post Mod 2.0.4  [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
24. Tapatalk SMF 2.0 RC4 Plugin 1.3.0  [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
25. RSS Feed Poster 3.0  [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]
26. NiceTooltips 1.7  [ Uninstall ] [ List Files ] [ Delete ]

Freddy

So many mods and so little time.  I don't really have the time spare to go through all of those mods to see if they use javascript.  My guess is some of them do and that could be causing a conflict.

Are you able to set up a test site and see if this snippet works on that.  If so that would at least let you know something is incompatible.

Perhaps try this snippet in a private article and see if that works somewhat isolated from the rest of your site.

Other than that I don't know what you can do, unless one of the team has a better idea.

insanemustang