TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 05:46:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 53
  • Total: 54
  • @rjen

My site was hacked...

Started by projectgz, December 05, 2007, 07:42:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

projectgz

Hey I dont know if this is caused by TP but i do require some advice... Recently a hacker named "harrachi" or someone hacked my site and he claims to be an arab and i rather see him as a lunatic and a child. This is all happened after I installed TP and Chmod alot of files to 777. Is this caused by a SMF error or the server itself or is it my fault for leaving the files  to 777?

Dragooon

Mostly its a server's fault but what is your SMF/TP Versions?

projectgz

the latest one mate. 0.9.8. Oh also, could this cause by the shoutbox? I know there were some security issues

Zetan

Do you have the SMF Shop (whatever it's called) mod installed?

projectgz

yes I did. And I had to do a cornjob for the bank interest as well. mayb thats why?

Dragooon

Did you applied the Security fix for it which was given out not more than a week ago?
Also if you used the Changing name/username/usertitle items?
If so that might the reason.

projectgz

i didnt install the security update and i didnt use those items.

Zetan

This is a known recent exploit at SMF and does now have a fix. I suggest heading over to SMF and update the package.

projectgz

Quote from: ZTN on December 05, 2007, 12:31:38 PM
This is a known recent exploit at SMF and does now have a fix. I suggest heading over to SMF and update the package.
But mate I no longer have SMF Shop installed. So im safe all together rite? just wondering, does this version of TP have a chat feature? And most of all, I have the SMF Shout installed... Will that be in the index page still or itll get erased?

Zetan

TP as you should know has a Shoutbox, not a chat feature as such. If you had the Shoutbox open to guests then you may have been hacked through it.

I mentioned the Shop package as there has been recently several sites hacked, rather crudely through it.. it was quickly patched and the site responsible was a site using SMF and they seemed pleased with themselves.

As for other TP exploits, I don't personally know of any.. You should check with your host if you haven't already as there may be other sites they host that have been hacked on the same server.
If you've not posted at SMF yet, again, I suggest you do.

At this time, thats all the advice I have personally, I'm sure other members will speak up if they have anything to add. I hope you get it sorted.