TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 03:27:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 100
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 96
  • Total: 96

Ownership

Started by pspfreak786, July 22, 2006, 09:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspfreak786

Ok i have tp 0.8.6 with smf 1.0.7 anyways i wanna install the smf arcade 1.3 through the package manager it says success but it needs to chmod the file of something that file is manage permissions eh? anyways the chmod is 666 i need to make it it 777 but i get a request denied and the owner is 99 while the normal owner is 32961 and wont let me change it how do i chmod the file?

G6Cad

You have to talk to your host about that and let them eather change the permissions for you, or ask them to give you the rights to do so your self.

May be other ways to, but non that i know of.
Have you been at the smfarcade.net site and browsed their forum for help?
They have everything for the arcade possible, or eeek here might give a hand to you on this?

gerrymo

You'd need shell access to do it yourself. If not, a quick e-mail to your host will solve it. Simply ask them to make ownership of all files yours, and explain why. Most hosts know SMF and that the package manager makes files that are owned by the server, and not you.

Techdomain

I had the same problem for a while. I fixed it by downloading the folder in question, and renaming the original one, and then uploading it again. This will give you ownership of the folder/files with the correct names :)

pspfreak786

well i think that its being owned by tp cause the folder tp downloads has the same owner.