TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 12:05:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 70
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 72
  • Total: 72

member file uploads

Started by mhf, July 04, 2006, 06:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhf

As admin I can upload files through the download manager etc. - is there a setting anywhere which would allow registered members to upload files? There is the submissions thing but when I login as an ordinary member I can't see any way to upload anything apart from submitting an article - any ideas please? I suppose the alternative is to ftp?

SMF 1.0.7
TP 0.8.6
default theme

bloc

Yes, in the permissions for a membergroup set "allowed to uplaod" permission. Then - in DL managers settings screen - you can decide if it goes into the submission queue or straight in.

mhf

Thanks Bloc - I had hoped there was a way. Now what is the maximum file size (I know it's 2000kb by default) - I'd like members to be able to upload mp3 files (big!!!)

agridoc

You can change yourself the maximum upload size in downloads settings but you must know your host' s limits. PHP upload limits vary from 2Mb to 10Mb, usually 8-10MB.

These limits could be raised but this depends on your host again. It' s better to contact them if you don' t know this information.
  For Greek aeromodellers and our friends around the world  - Greek Button sets for SMF

mhf