TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 07:45:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 112
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 53
  • Total: 53

[Hack] Censor TP Shoutbox

Started by Thurnok, February 03, 2007, 09:05:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianjw

Yeah Bloc! Can you make this automatically set to censor the shoutbox. I mean if you have censored words on your website, people want to be able to censor our their shoutbox ;)

Brianjw :)

bloc

Thurnok

Quote from: Bloc on March 11, 2007, 01:44:27 PM
This is actually a great way of censoring the shoutbox. If paired with a on/off setting it can be really useful.

Not sure it is necessary for an on/off Bloc.  The function works with the censor parameters already in SMF.  So, if you allow members to turn off word censoring (in the theme settings) and they have censor on, words display in censored form, have censor off, they display as is.  If you disallow users to turn off censoring, then it is displayed in censored form.  All of these of course depend on the admin putting in what words to censor in the ACP.

So, the extra on/off for the shoutbox would seem redundant to me.  It would certainly make it more versatile, but I'm just not sure that an admin would want to censor words in the forum, but not the shoutbox, or vice versa.  Dunno...

brianjw

Quote from: Thurnok on March 12, 2007, 07:39:55 PM
Quote from: Bloc on March 11, 2007, 01:44:27 PM
This is actually a great way of censoring the shoutbox. If paired with a on/off setting it can be really useful.

Not sure it is necessary for an on/off Bloc.  The function works with the censor parameters already in SMF.  So, if you allow members to turn off word censoring (in the theme settings) and they have censor on, words display in censored form, have censor off, they display as is.  If you disallow users to turn off censoring, then it is displayed in censored form.  All of these of course depend on the admin putting in what words to censor in the ACP.

So, the extra on/off for the shoutbox would seem redundant to me.  It would certainly make it more versatile, but I'm just not sure that an admin would want to censor words in the forum, but not the shoutbox, or vice versa.  Dunno...
Thats what I was trying to say before ;) This code should just be added to the TPortal.php as it was told here and that code would be in the files to be put up for download :D

Brianjw

bloc

Yes, I can see that in fact the SMF itself would better off controlling it. :)

Shadow

I put this code on my forum and I don't know how to work it....Can you point me in a correct way to use this....The code is in place all that....

bloc

Its working just fine..but you control it through the censored word section in admin of SMF. So anything you censor in SMF, the shoutbox censors too.

Shadow