TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 12:06:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 70
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 69
  • Total: 69

Install 1.06, manual install problems

Started by vwarrior, February 05, 2009, 10:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vwarrior

Hi,
Before I ask my question, I have install Drupal, E107, phpbb, phpnuke, and a couple of other cms programs.  In addition I install cgi/perl  Web-App.   All install went smooth, all of them I did manually.

I just install SMF 1.17 manually, no problems at all.

TinyPortal is 1st CMS I can't install.
1st the SMF package installer wants to use internal FTP, but no settings work, I setup exact as my FTP client, no joy.
I tried the default localhost, again failure.  However SMF can list the files in a package no problem.

Then I looked at manual install sticky.

The instructions say:
2. upload these files with a FTP program (filezilla) to the install folder of the SMF install,
3. Create 'temp' folder: ./Packages/temp/
4. Change (chmod) the permissions for ./Packages/temp/ to 777  (you can use filezilla for this)

ââ,¬Â¢upload to the SMF install folder.  If we were talking phpbb, there is an actual install folder.  There is no install folder in SMF.  Therefore the instruction is saying upload to the main SMF folder.
The problem doing that instruction is, to upload you would have to over write  several SMF folders with TP folders, I looked they files in the TP folders are not  NOT the same.

Both TP & SMF have folders Sources , Themes, that are the same folder name but the files are different.

So where do I upload the TP files?

This will sound critical, but why couldn't the TP files be placed anywhere (even in a self created install folder, then the user browses to that fold and initiates mod or upgrade or what ever. 
Here are my folders and files, where do I upload the unzipped TP files too.

G6Cad

TP is a MOD for SMF, not a standalone software, thats the reason you cnt install it in a separate folder, it MUSt be inside the same folder you have SMF.
Install TP through the package manager in the SMF administration. TP Only works with SMF 1.1 and not SMF2

Check this topic instead
http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php/topic,28014.0.html