TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 04:24:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 98
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 65
  • Total: 66
  • tino

Hacked/Defaced

Started by Paulie, April 29, 2006, 01:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulie

Some sob has hacked/defaced my site.

It looks like a redirect but i have no idea how to get rid of the bugger. I`ve only just got my pc back up and running too, as it fell over big time with my mboard and hdd waving goodbye to me, and now i get this. Gahhhhhhhhhhhhh

gerrymo

Yep, you been hacked. But its a server hack, not SMF. Looks like he's replaced your index.php with something else, or just added an index.htm (.htm is before .php when opening the index file). Simply delete [or rename] the file and you should be good to go.

Get your server admin to find how they got in and close the door on them.

gerrymo

Just had a look Paulie. Just delete the index.htm file. The site is still working.

http://www.hamburger-deluxe.co.uk/SMF/index.php?action=forum

elpvn

Quote from: Paulie on April 29, 2006, 01:28:44 PM
Some sob has hacked/defaced my site.

It looks like a redirect but i have no idea how to get rid of the bugger. I`ve only just got my pc back up and running too, as it fell over big time with my mboard and hdd waving goodbye to me, and now i get this. Gahhhhhhhhhhhhh

Humm , I agree wirh gerrymo, you site has been changed your index.php files (or .htacess file, may be ?)

if you still able to access your server by FTP account then you can change the index.php file in  ;)

agridoc

Paulie it seems to be a redirect hack through TP's shoutbox.

Your site works if no shoutbox is shown as gerrymo showed in
http://www.hamburger-deluxe.co.uk/SMF/index.php?action=forum

If you can go admin mode (it depends if you have bars on or off) disable the shoutbox.
http://www.hamburger-deluxe.co.uk/SMF/index.php?action=admin

You can also  see your site if you disable Java in the browser.

Go to Security update for TP 0.8.6! download the update and upload it to your server overwriting the old files.

Then you can turn on back the shoutbox.
  For Greek aeromodellers and our friends around the world  - Greek Button sets for SMF

agridoc

It seems now that you have replaced the index.php without modifications for TP.

Did you overwrite the old index.php or just renamed it? Do you have a backup of it?
  For Greek aeromodellers and our friends around the world  - Greek Button sets for SMF

Paulie

Well i just uploaded the two patches into my "Sources" folder and now i cant even get into admin :(

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tportal_init() in /home/hamburg/public_html/SMF/Sources/Security.php on line 166

G6Cad

If you have a backup stored on the sourse.php and security.php file , try to upload and replace it

agridoc

Paulie did you change the index.php file BEFORE uplloading the update?

It seems like it is an index.php without TP, while the rest are OK.

I had been able to see the hack and your forum working and that you had TP .86 before starting writing my first message. When finished I saw the forum and an error from load.php.

agridoc

G6 I don' t think the problem is in these files. They just try to find TP functions in index.php and can't.