TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 06:53:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 112
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 61
  • Total: 61

Using Iframes [TIP]

Started by akulion, September 17, 2006, 05:10:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tapirul

That's awesome, great job! Thanks. I've three forums on my server, each of them with a different topic.. I wanted to be able to keep an eye on all of them at once, this makes it easier.
ha, I can make them in a cascading manner, the second forum with an iFrame with the third.. They'll scrunch too much, I assume, but it would be interesting...

rbh

how would i use this for articles? if i have a menu box and create articles to open in iframes like this or am i better off creating multiple html? i may figure it out while messing with it, but i thought i would ask now so if i cant get it you might have an answer for me. ;) thanks!

akulion

WOW thats the quickest solve to a question ive seen:
Reply #11 on: Today at 20:24
Last Edit: Today at 20:28 by rbh

:2funny: glad it worked for u :up:

rbh

well, i THOUGHT i had it. :D so the question isnt solved. i was hoping to remove the solved part before it was seen but you are QUICK! :laugh:

akulion

well with TP articles u dont need to use Iframes since the articles display nicely inside TP itself :up:

but I would not recommend using Iframes for TP articles anyways since it will display a forum inside your existing forum with all the menus and stuff

But if you mean HTML based articles being displayed then its pretty simple.....

In the menu specify the TARGET=
and call it by the Iframe's name

So if your Iframe is called "joe"
then your link contains Target=joe

the rest is magic and it works - try it out - just make sure that u name the Iframe and the target in the links the same :)

rbh

hey aku......how do you get links to break the iframe and open new windows or with firefox open new tabs? i have tried the usual target=_blank or new but links continue to open within the frame.

akulion

a normal target defined should work

i even added one to the demo just now (look under food)

the link should be like this:

<a href="http://google.com" target=_blank>click here</a>

rbh

thanks akulion, i figured out what i was doing wrong. i use rss2html for my rss feeds and i was setting it to load my rss feed links into the iframes and i needed to place the target=_blank within my feed template.

akulion

ah oki doki :up: good u got it sorted

rbh

i'm just glad most you guys have the patience to deal with us ignorant hillybillies ;D usually it turns out that what i ask is something simple yet it escapes me. i swear one of these days i may figure it out! :uglystupid2:

thanks for the help ;)