TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 06:53:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 112
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 61
  • Total: 61

[hack] TP Downloads - Guests View Only Mod

Started by akulion, December 27, 2006, 03:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akulion

Hi,

This is a mod which will make it so that when guests are on your forum and try and download anything they will get a small popup telling them to register.

They will be able to browse the entire downloads section, but just not able to download.

PLEASE NOTE: This mod is a deterrent, but for people familiar with Tiny Portal they will easily be able to by-pass it. But for your average user, they wont know how.

The Mod demo can be seen in :

My live site download section:
http://path-to-peace.com/forum2/index.php?action=tpmod;dl

The mod file is attached below, to install it, just upload via your package manager and install normally as you would any other package.

Aku

Nearly forgot to mention...this will work with SMF 1.1 and 1.1.1 and TP 0.97
Also please remember when a new TP version is released and u want to upgrade, uninstall this mod FIRST and then upgrade!

Thurnok

Sorry Aku, I've been sick yesterday and today.  I'll check it out, sounds like a good deal to me.  Let guests see that you have stuff, but they need to register to actually get it.   :up:

akulion

Oh no worries, I was just shamelessly bumping the topics (confession)

I hope u get well really soon :up: Take lotsa rest and drink hot choco :D

The hack is as simple as it can get - its just a conditional link lol The file for download is attached to the post above though :D

RoarinRow

Cool, the Mad Scientist is at it again   :up:  I like it.  Where is says 'Please Register' on the pop up, can it be a link to your registration page?   8)

SMF 2.0 RC3
TP 1.0 beta 5-1
Wordpress 3.0

rebelrose

akulion

Quote from: RoarinRow on December 28, 2006, 07:27:01 PM
Cool, the Mad Scientist is at it again   :up:  I like it.  Where is says 'Please Register' on the pop up, can it be a link to your registration page?   8)

yup it can
in fact ill get to it soon and make it a popup to adopt the theme of the forum as well as display the links
just gimme some time since ill have to check how to do that :D

RoarinRow

Quote from: Aku on December 28, 2006, 10:33:18 PM
Quote from: RoarinRow on December 28, 2006, 07:27:01 PM

yup it can
in fact ill get to it soon and make it a popup to adopt the theme of the forum as well as display the links
just gimme some time since ill have to check how to do that :D

ohhh, that would be cool    8)

SMF 2.0 RC3
TP 1.0 beta 5-1
Wordpress 3.0

Dermot

I was looking for something like this, thanks aku :)

samson