TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 04:10:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 112
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 31
  • Total: 32
  • @rjen

Problem with installing

Started by Immortalis, August 08, 2007, 12:40:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Immortalis

Hi, I'm using a SMF 1.1.3 and i have this problem:

Can't install.
I tryed on smf 1.1.2 and it works, but on 1.1.3 no :(.

I downloaded the last TP from your site, and.. don't know..

Sorry if I posted on wrong place (:

Dark_Zero

that's what happened w/ me, too, but i created a backup right before installing TP and now TP works perfectly fine. so go ahead and make a backup and then install TP. it will work fine.

gffb

did you install any other mods first? If so you might have to manually edit those two files

Dark_Zero

oh yeah i actually have a lot of mods before tp... :uglystupid2:

tick

This has been covered many times.  I simple search would have shown you the answer.   Look in the docs section under the manual install info and you will find the edits you have to make to files for a manual install.  Find those two files and download those two files adn make the edits to those two files only.  Then procede with the install and upload and overwrite the two files you edited and BAM you have tp.   BE SURE TO BACKUP ANY FILES BEFORE EDITING THEM.  ( I am not screaming just using caps for emphasis.     TIck.

Immortalis

Well, thx.. I'll try...
:P

EDIT:

I install TP mode, and all is installet good, but I can't go to TP administration, it just get me back to the index :(

tick

DiD you make the edits to those two files.   Can you put up a link so that we can better see what is  going on?

Immortalis

Quote from: Tick on August 08, 2007, 01:15:02 PM
DiD you make the edits to those two files.   Can you put up a link so that we can better see what is  going on?

www.motodestination.com
I edited those two file but, wehn I look at they code, it is installed good.

And I still have bug when I try to go to TP administration, it get me back on index :(

I have this mods installed:

Custom Action Mod
View Single PM
YouTube BBC Tag
View Single Post
Download 1.1 RC3
Search Topic
Display Age and Location next to posts

tick

Well looking at the link the theme that is there is not a theme modified for TP.  You have to use themes that have been modified to work with tp or modify the theme you want to work with it.   If you look in crips board you will find a lot of themes that have been modified already.  That is where your problem is.  TIck.

Immortalis

No..
Whait..
That is a deafult theme of forum..
I'm using a deafult smf theme.. and I have still that bug.. I can't install it...