TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 25, 2024, 02:44:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,197
  • Total Topics: 21,221
  • Online today: 144
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online

Safari admin bug!

Started by hullabaloo, May 27, 2005, 07:53:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hullabaloo

Hi Bloc

When adding a menu item using Safari, some of the menu and input box functionality is lost. I've attached some screenshots which show what I mean better. I've also attched some Firefox pics, just so you can see how it looks on a Mac.

This may be an issue in other admin functions, but I've not tested everything else yet.

I'm using TP 0.6.5 (although it still says 0.4 on the bottom for some reason).

Hope that helps.

[attachment deleted by admin]

hullabaloo

Actually, it looks as if what is happening is that Safari is not recognising the "Type" checkboxes, as the Category  menu (Main, Misc, News...) is still active, even if the Article and Link checkboxes are selected.

Incidentally this is Safari 1.3 (v312), which only comes with OS X 10.3.9. I would hazard a guess that it will also affect Tiger versions of Safari (version 2), as Apple appear to have changed things quite dramatically since this version 1.3 of Safari.

Bjørn

I think this is the javascript used..since I don't have access to those systems I have to rely on word-to-mouth.

When making a regular poll..are some options there "disabled" - and when you press in in some "enables" them? Reason I ask, is that I might use that code instead, since I know [Unknown] probably has tested SMF with Safari browsers too.

domp

The polls work like they should with Safari 2.0 (412) I know they did it with the old Safari too. The problem with the menu Items are the same with this Safari version.

hullabaloo

Poll works fine on my version of Safari too.

Bjørn

Good. Then I will try to change the javascript code used.