TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 04:03:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 112
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 47
  • Total: 48
  • @rjen

Suggestions - Ref TP10_RC2

Started by garyt, June 15, 2011, 02:02:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garyt

1. TP Versions
It appears that the new release no longer displays the installed version at the bottom of the page.
This might make it somewhat harder and more difficult for people to compare the installed version to the most recent release.
Going to the Package Manager is not much help either until one uploads the latest release since the Versions are indicated
differently TinyPortal10_rc2 versus Version 1.104
You might consider adding back or sync the Version Numbering.

2. TPShout and Themes
I am using Black Rain on one of my sites, which uses white text.
This makes any shout post unreadable since the Shoutbox "Balloon" is white as well.
I believe this is/will be an issue with any Theme that uses light/white text.

I know how to fix it by either changing the text color or the balloon color.

However, you might want to consider picking up the installed Theme colors (text, background) or
add fields to the Shoutbox settings to change text and balloon colors so users don't have to edit files.

While I have just started to really familiarize myself with TinyPortal, it appears to be a great mod.

Thanks for the great work.

IchBin

Hi Gary, thanks for the suggestions.

As for the copyright version, I chose to move the copyright version to the credits page, which is linked in the copyright. I did this to make the TP copyright a little less intrusive, as well that some people have previously asked to remove it. So, for now I think I'll leave it as is, unless it becomes a problem or something compelling comes up. :)

For the shoutbox, I've seen this a few times. I'll see what I can do to fix things in the future.