TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 06:55:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 112
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 59
  • Total: 59

Errors with TinyPortal v0.8.6

Started by Unknownn, February 07, 2006, 09:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unknownn

Quote from: Bloc link=topic=2582.msg22964#msg22964
Seems like language errors. Do you use updated language files?
Updated language files ? Oh... There is a new french translation for TP ^^
I don't need to make it myself now :P But I will check it soon

Yes it is language errors. I'm using the last release of TP Black22 Theme.
In Recent.template.php, it's the line :
<span class="smalltext"><a href="' . $scripturl . '">' . $txt[236] . '</a> ' . $txt[237] . '<br /></span>';

I've seen in index.english in the last release of TP Black22 Theme and I can't find $txt[236] and $txt[237] but there are $txt[235] and $txt[238].

You surely forgot it...

houston

I am getting these errors when I set the permissions to upload files.

8: Undefined index: show
File: /home/eaglebay/public_html/forum/Themes/default/ManagePermissions.template.php (eval?)
Line: 239

and

2: Invalid argument supplied for foreach()
File: /home/eaglebay/public_html/forum/Sources/ManagePermissions.php
Line: 1431

Although permissions are set to upload, the link does not show up in the modules section.

Any comments?

Thanks

bloc

Quote from: Unknownn on February 12, 2006, 09:42:15 PM
Quote from: Bloc link=topic=2582.msg22964#msg22964
Seems like language errors. Do you use updated language files?
Updated language files ? Oh... There is a new french translation for TP ^^
I don't need to make it myself now :P But I will check it soon

Yes it is language errors. I'm using the last release of TP Black22 Theme.
In Recent.template.php, it's the line :
<span class="smalltext"><a href="' . $scripturl . '">' . $txt[236] . '</a> ' . $txt[237] . '<br /></span>';

I've seen in index.english in the last release of TP Black22 Theme and I can't find $txt[236] and $txt[237] but there are $txt[235] and $txt[238].

You surely forgot it...

Those are SMF language entries..and if they are missing from black22 theme, i will need to update it.

Unknownn

Quote from: Bloc link=topic=2582.msg23077#msg23077
Those are SMF language entries..and if they are missing from black22 theme, i will need to update it.
In recent.template.php of "defaut" directory, I haven't these entries...
Recent.template.php of black22 is different than Recent.template of defaut... Any ideas ?

criminalmind

Hi! I was running Helios / TinyPortal v0.8.6 combo with SMF 1.1 RC2 and everything was cool until I moved the shoutbox to the center position and everything got messed up. Now when I try to visit http://site/index.php, http://site/index.php?action=forum, http://site/index.php?action=admin or http://site/index.php?action=tpadmin;sa=settings and generally every page on the site I get the following error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1
File: /home/george/public_html/forum/Sources/TPortal.php
Line: 264

any ideas? I uploaded the fixxed v0.8.6 files and tried the manual_tp_install.php but nothing changed.

bloc

Was the shoutbox scrolling? or does the error occur regardless?

crip

Could try TP. zip via package manager again if it wasn't a full installions

juggler

Quote from: juggler on February 08, 2006, 12:09:11 PM
Getting this one loads :-

8: Undefined variable: scripturl
File: /home/bluebuz/public_html/buzzards/Themes/default/TPortal.template.php (eval?)
Line: 112

Found it. It was the Arcade Champions block causing it. I'll ask a few questions over at smfarcade.net.

criminalmind

Quote from: Bloc on February 14, 2006, 08:52:07 PM
Was the shoutbox scrolling? or does the error occur regardless?

Sorry for the delay... The stupid shoutbox was indeed scrolling!

Actually I uploaded all the original files that tinyportal modifies and deleted the package from the package manager so my forum behaves "normally" again (without TP).

When I tried to re-install tiny portal all my previous TP settings where intact and worst of all the same error re-emerged at line 1 of File: /home/george/public_html/forum/Sources/TPortal.php rendering my site unusable once again!!!!

I guess my "manual" uninstall (replace files - delete package) didnt really work (when I get the error I cant uninstall via the package manager because nothing works).

How can I manually get rid of tiny portal completelly, so that I can install a "clean" fresh copy later?

Thanks Bloc

bloc

Ftp up a upgrade version of the SMF version you currently have. Then run it. it won't hurt anything (in fact you don't really need to run upgrade.php, but do remove it and the 2 sql files) to do this, and all the modifications made by TP will be gone. But database tables will still be there.

Beware that this also remove any other mod of course.

On the other hand..these are the files that TP modifies, so if you get them replaced, you should be fine:

forum/index.php
forum/Themes/default/index.template.php
forum/Themes/babylon/index.template.php
forum/Sources/Load.php
forum/Sources/Security.php
forum/Sources/Subs.php
forum/Sources/ManagePermissions.php