TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 03:17:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 112
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 52
  • Total: 52

Project I am working on...

Started by technodragon73, December 24, 2006, 05:54:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

technodragon73

I have been working on a rather ambitious project for SMF and have hit a snag.  With my limited PHP & Javascript knowledge I cannot figure out how to make an image...

here is what I am working on:

Right now it is a standalone version, but when I am finished I will make it fully integrated into SMF and TP with an admin panel, permissions and blocks.

What I want to do (and can't figure out) is to take the image that is created to the left and make it and unlayered image to save as a variety of filetypes.  I have (as you can see) seemingly figured out everything else so far (I have focused on the interface, all the other functions for SMF will be started once I get this image issue sorted out).

So this post has two purposes:

1. To show the TP community my project and hope that it generates interest (I have a small list of beta testers so far)
     2. To ask everyone if anyone knows enough AND is willing to help me overcome this hurdle so I can move forward.

And help or suggestions about possible features would be immensely appreciated!

RoarinRow

Looks good!  Wish I could help if I could.   :o

SMF 2.0 RC3
TP 1.0 beta 5-1
Wordpress 3.0

akulion

EXCELLENT!! Wonderful stuff man.
First darkmans theme CSS generator
And now this!! The day just gets better :D

Really looking forward to this.

technodragon73

Thank you...I a looking for someone that knows PHP and GD well enough to help me get through the image generation part...that is where I a stuck because that is just a bit too much beyond my skill (though I am still trying to figure it out!)

Glad you guys are excited about it!  the best part about it is that you could use ANY images you wanted, not just the ones like I am using!

technodragon73

Anyone who knows about Gaia online knows about their avatars...well, a lot of searching on the net produced nearly worthless results towards adding a similar feature to a forum or a website for that matter.  After a lot of searching I came acrros but one version on the net but it was done with javascript with all of the files that actually made it work housed on another site...again...worthless in the long run.

So...I decided to create my very own version that I WILL distribute freely on the net...

Currently you can see the fruits of my labor here:

http://avatar.dragontalk.net

This is the standalone version for anyone who wants to add this to their website...

Currently I am now in the process of making this a MOD for SMF...while I have the basic page and link set up with the permissions to allow or not people to see and use it, i have several other functions/permissions that I plan on implementing when I am done...
currently this is at version 1.0...
     Future version hope to have the following abilities:
     - Save the avatar to profile when finished instead of as an image and then upload to your profile manually.
     - A Full admin panel to add/remove/edit items
     - The Ability for members to go back and change their avatars they have already made OR create a new one (see next option)
     - Ability to restrict the number of avatars that any one member can make similar to limiting the number of PMs a member can receive.
     - Integrate with the shop (if installed) so that members can use points they earn on the purchase of their avatar and various items
     - Any other ideas brought to my attention...
This was/has/is a major project and I want anyone's input on layout or features if you have them....

Those of you who have made the prerequisite number of posts and are registered at this forum can see the progress of the integrated version by clicking here.

Gargoyle

That is the coolest thing I have ever seen!! Very good work!! I can't wait to see the finished product!!

Cholo

Very very nice. Great idea. I'll really be looking forward to this. (sorry, but I don't know enough to be able to help. Good luck though)

technodragon73

Well I have started on the admin interface, and as far as the standalone version it is safe to say it is complete...now the hard work of integration begins

akulion

on a vB forum I saw something similar but the only difference was that their whole system was integrated with the vB equivalent of 'shop mod (for smf)'

so people would post, earn credits, play games earn credits
and then they could buy new features from the shop including a new custom avatar and then one by one assecories for thei avarar as well
i think it was on christianforums.com

technodragon73

well, that may be...I hadn't seen it there, but suffice to say I wanted what I did see and have it available to everyone instead of only a select few.