TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 01:26:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 112
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 45
  • Total: 45

Undefined index: mystart ??? on my forum after installing TinyPortal

Started by verbam, February 19, 2005, 08:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

verbam

This is what i see in the portal: (the COLOR orange =CODE and not the color)

This is the SAME article in the forum: where the text haves the orange color

CU :)

verbam

This error is caused by the way SSI.php works, which is part of the forum. If there is a mix of topics that both have attachments and not attachments, there is no way(without adding a rather complex sql query) to know what topics are which. And its logical too..the attachment is closed for guests - you need to login to see it.ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ, 

I have changed my forum from IPB2 to SMF and the portal from MKPortal to TinyPortal, just because there are a lot futures in the new software who's working better then the previous installed + they are FREE to use!.

BUT in the previous configuration works it well and did i not have this error.
I will check this out BUT i can tell you that it WORKS without the portal installed.

Means: Visitors can SEE the topics but can NOT download the attachments.
Once they click on this attachment the FORUM ask you to login... and you can download.
If i do the same with the Portal installed i have the problem like i have discibed.

MANY THANKS to read my post and HELP me out off this!
Still your PORTAL is GREAT !!!!! :) :) :)

Bjørn

Thank you. :)

Ok, now i understand about the color..
It seems that it is a missing [/color] stops the text from being the color you specify in a block. In SMf I think there are performed a check to close non-closed tags like that. I could do the extra call in blocks too, but it will add to overall performance in a bad way, so I rather not. 

The login error...I will replicate that and see what happens.

verbam

This is the complete text BUT i think that your portal reads only the block who is displayed (settings in you portal = Length of posts to show on frontpage(in charachters): 200)
AND in this 200 charachters (picture include) there is no [/color]

[color=orange]New features are as follows:

- Fixed to not cut off the bottom of LimeWire when using an 800x600 resolution.
- Added a Splash Screen that shows much faster.
- Added a right-click Context Menu to all text fields for Undo, Cut, Paste, Copy, Delete, and Select All.
- Fixed to save window sizes on OSX when using Command-Q or the Dock's Quit option.
- Fixed to not make the 'Getting Started' or 'LimeWire PRO ad' invisible on OSX when changing search types.
- Fixed Linux RPM installer to accept JREs that describe themselves as "j2re" instead of "jre". [/color]

Don't worry... i will not use the color text anymore if it is too much job.

Thanks for the QUICK answer
CU

Bjørn

I forgot that - the shortening of texts in the middle of an open tag. This I need to find a solution for.

verbam

Thanks again, now i will search again for the login problem.
I let you know where it goes wrong.

:)Danny

NightOwl

Quote from: verbam on February 19, 2005, 10:16:01 PM
Found the problem:
In the file : TPortal.template.php
on line 13 add next:ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ, $context['TPortal']['mystart']=0;
This will remove the error from our forum, untill Bloc find another solution.
The rest off my forum + portal seems to be ok now.

So the first 20 lines off the sourcecode will be as follows:

<?php
// TPortal template - for frontpage.

function template_main()
{
ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  global $context, $settings, $options, $txt, $scripturl, $modSettings;

ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ, if($context['TPortal']['front_type']!='singlepage' && $context['TPortal']['boardnews']!=''){
ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  // find number of pages
ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  $pages=ceil(sizeof($context['TPortal']['boardnews'])/$context['TPortal']['frontpage_limit']);
ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  $cou=0;
ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  $scou=0;
ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  $context['TPortal']['mystart']=0;
ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  foreach($context['TPortal']['boardnews'] as $news){
ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  if($cou<$context['TPortal']['frontpage_limit']){
ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  if($scou>$context['TPortal']['mystart'] || $scou==$context['TPortal']['mystart']){
ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ, $cou++;
ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ, $show=true;
ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  }
ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  ÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  else

CU Arround

Yeah, this fix the error.

Here is for someone if they have trouble to locate the TPortal.template.php

it is located in Themes/default in case if others are not aware of.