TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 09:49:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 112
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 42
  • Total: 42

Question about Global Tags

Started by mark123, August 09, 2010, 07:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark123

I am new to Tiny Portal and wondered if Global Tags are used for Search engines and how you assign a single word with no spaces?
I am not entirely sure how to use this function properly and any help would be truly appreciated.
Thank you

IchBin

This is one option in TP that I wish was worked on a little more. The intention was to be able to group content items when assigning a tag. Unfortunately, Bloc has barely touched the feature so it's not working as intended in a lot of ways I think. Are you having problems assigning a tag? I don't quite understand your question about spacing.

mark123

I think i might be a bit slow on this one.  Is it used at all for the search engines?  Also what I meant to say was how do you assign single words with a space in between them.  I did not word that properly.  I apologize.  thanks so much for your response.

IchBin

I still don't understand your question, sorry. A single word to me, would not have a space in it.

Global tags purpose is to related content for users. If a person is interested in some article you have written on butterflies, and you have created a tag called butterflies, the intention is for the person to be able to see all content related to butterflies. I'm sure a search engine would index it, but global tags is not to make your site more search friendly.

mark123

Can you assign words with a single space  between them like "apple pie"?  Thank you for your patience. 
Otherwise do you need to assign one word at a time?

IchBin

duh sorry, I must be thinking way to literal lately. Must be the programming I'm getting in... lol

Well, after a quick test it looks like the spaces are stripped out when I try it. It should be possible to do this, but currently I'd say no you can't. :( This is just one more thing to add to global tags todo list.