TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 25, 2024, 02:44:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,197
  • Total Topics: 21,221
  • Online today: 144
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online

Upgraded to SMF 1.1.4 and now TP is broken

Started by grasshopper, April 24, 2008, 07:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grasshopper

I upgraded to SMF 1.1.4 from SMF 1.1.3. 
Once the upgrade was completed, when I went to log onto the forum I received an error message.  If I log out the forum and front TP page seem to look fine and be intact.  It is just using a TP theme (amber if I remember correctly) that seems to be broken.  I cannot get into the admin or profile section to switch back to the SMF default theme.  Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated!!

The error message is: 
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tportal_sidebar() in /public_html/forums/Sources/Load.php(1726) : eval()'d code on line 217

IchBin

How did you upgrade? In the package manager? Or did you upload the packaged files?

Add this to your URL to get back into admin with the default theme.
action=admin;theme=1

grasshopper

The package manager seems to be down, because I can only get:
"Attempting to fetch the most popular and recent packages from www.simplemachines.org..."

So I upgraded by copying files.
Thanks for the tip, that got me in, of course now TP shows as a Mod, but does not seem to be installed.  I think I now need to install TP from scratch, correct?

thanks again for your help!!

IchBin

No, you need to upload the TP package into your packages directory and replace the old package with the new one. You can install after that again. If you get errors you'll either have to start with new SMF files or install TP manually.

grasshopper