TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 07:30:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 35
  • Total: 35

new install error

Started by PeterL, February 05, 2006, 08:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterL

Ok, I followed the instructions to install TP on my SMF... actually its a mirror copy of my SMF forum.

The package manager reported that everything installed correctly, but when I restarted the forum, I got these errors:

Warning: main(/home/enchant/public_html/smf/Sources/TPortal.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/enchant/public_html/smf/index.php on line 53

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/enchant/public_html/smf/Sources/TPortal.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/enchant/public_html/smf/index.php on line 53

So,,, any suggestions?

Thanks

PeterL

Xarcell

Check to make sure the files are actually there.

borgBOB

Failed to open stream, sounds like you temp. lost connection to your server/ SQL database. Can you provide a link, and perhaps check the status of your server, unless of course this is a local test installation.

PeterL

Quote from: Xarcell on February 05, 2006, 08:37:19 PM
Check to make sure the files are actually there.

Which files???

If you mean index.php... it is there...
if you mean Tportal.php, it is not there.

PeterL

Quote from: borgBOB on February 05, 2006, 08:40:26 PM
Failed to open stream, sounds like you temp. lost connection to your server/ SQL database. Can you provide a link, and perhaps check the status of your server, unless of course this is a local test installation.

I'm not sure what you mean by "provide a link" but the server seems to be working. I can get my old forum, before TP.

Here's the site:
www.enchantment.ca/smf/index.php

Hmmm.. I wonder if there's path problems because the second mirrored copy of my SMF forum is in a folder OFF the original SMF forum?

Thanks for your help

crip

There is a problem here...

Warning: main(/home/enchant/public_html/smf/Sources/TPortal.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/enchant/public_html/smf/index.php on line 53

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/enchant/public_html/smf/Sources/TPortal.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/enchant/public_html/smf/index.php on line 53

crip

Do you have to directories named smf?

PeterL

Yup...Like I said above... my "smf" directory is a sub folder (sub directory) off my main data directory called /public_html

Here's what Line 53 looks like:

// TinyPortal include
require_once($sourcedir . '/TPortal.php');

Any suggestions?

Thanks

PeterL

It may be as borgBoB mentioned I lost connection - because I cannot find the file  TPortal.php in the /Sources directory.

Can I simply re-install? Hmmm not even sure if I can do that because I can't get into the SMF forum to use the package manager.

Help!

Xarcell

just upload the files.

Your directories are fine. Your just missing files.