TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 04:12:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 112
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 34
  • Total: 35
  • @rjen

Article view options not working

Started by Gidget, February 12, 2006, 09:31:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gidget

Hi Bloc

Thinking about my left block problem a bit more and having created some more articles testing out the various options, I think the problem comes down to ...

If I say I want to hide left blocks or, (what I think is identical) not display them, then instead of the left block being hidden or not displayed the collapse triangle disappears.  So I was thinking perhaps this is the actual bug in the Amber theme - the wrong component is being told to not display (i.e. the collapse triangle instead of the block itself).  Does this make sense?

Cheers

Gidget

Gidget

Hi Bloc

I'm revisiting this thread after almost 12 months  :)

My left block problem with Amber still exists - as described earlier in the thread, from this post forward http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=2749.msg24273#msg24273

To briefly recap, what I want to be able to do with the Amber theme, is select in some sections that the left bar is closed by default when a visitor goes to that section, but the "triangle" which will re-open the left bar is still available and active if they want to open the left bar.

I particularly want this to work when they click on the Forum tab on the top bar.

I was hoping from your earlier posts on this thread that this functionality might arrive one day soon.  Is this still possible?

Thanks

Gidget