TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 23, 2024, 03:21:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,197
  • Total Topics: 21,221
  • Online today: 67
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 64
  • Total: 64

Ken's New Toy!

Started by ken.kimbrell, June 09, 2009, 07:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken.

Ken has a new toy!!!
It's my B-Day soon and Kay thought this might be something that I would like... she is right!  :up:
AcerÃ,® Aspire One AOA110-1588 Netbook

Here are some of the specs:
# Processor and Memory: Intel Atom Processor N270 (1.60GHz, 533MHz FSB, 512KB L2 cache)
# 1 GB DDR2 533 MHz SDRAM Single Channel Memory, (512MB onboard, 512MB soDIMM slot)

Hard Drive and Multimedia Drives:
# 16GB Total Storage Capacity: 16GB consists of 8GB SSD (Solid State Drive) and 8GB SDâ„¢ (Secure Digital Card)
# Multi-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader
# Secure Digitalâ„¢ (SD) Card
# MultiMediaCard (MMC
# Reduced-Size Multimedia Card (RS-MMC)
# Memory StickÃ,®(MS), Memory Stick PROâ„¢ (MS PRO)
# xD-Picture Cardâ„¢ (xD)

Audio, Video and Graphics:
# Integrated IntelÃ,® Graphics Media Accelerator 950
# 2 Built-in Stereo Speakers & High-Definition Audio Support
# 0.3 Integrated Acer Crystal Eye Webcam
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

ZarPrime

Ken,

Sweet birthday present, no doubt.  When is Kay's birthday?  Has she started with the hints yet? :o

ZarPrime

Ken.

Quote from: ZarPrime on June 09, 2009, 07:50:23 PM
Ken,

Sweet birthday present, no doubt.  When is Kay's birthday?  Has she started with the hints yet? :o

ZarPrime

Kay's birthday is in February and not to worry, she makes sure I know what time it is.  ;D
Gotta get accustomed to this keyboard... it-r-little!
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

G6Cad

IchBin

Now you don't even have to get off the couch! :P Looks nice. The SSD's are supposed to be pretty sweet. Let us know how you like it after a couple of weeks of use.

Ken.

Quote from: G6 on June 09, 2009, 08:32:26 PM
16gb HDD space only ???
That's not really a limitation geesixxie, it has plenty of USB2 ports so that you can add external HDD's, or DVD burners, but the Secure Digital ports are what really make it the Hott setup because you can add another 8Gig card and that gives you a total of 24Gigs. I've done that and use the second card to swap data between the Acer and my desktop PC... works great so far. :)
It's attached to my network, so there are a couple of terabytes of storage available that way as well.

Quote from: IchBinâ„¢ on June 09, 2009, 08:53:04 PM
Now you don't even have to get off the couch! :P Looks nice. The SSD's are supposed to be pretty sweet. Let us know how you like it after a couple of weeks of use.
Will do.
My only complaint so far is speaker quality, my hearing is only about 70% and the speakers suck so looks like I may need to use headphones for any real sound use.

Crip

nice Ken. -- that's a purty gift ;)
I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes

Ken.

Thanks Jeff.

Just tried my 'economy' Plantronics headset and find the sound card quality is good with those.

Zetan

I love my laptop.. and I've been purring over some of the smaller netbooks, yours looks nice.

I purchased one of these for mine:

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 SB1090 5.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz USB Interface Sound Card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102020

I've played out live DJ sets with that.. it sounds the nuts! and wasn't very expensive, considering I paid over Ã,£200 for my internal Audigy with front connection bay a few year ago.

Skhilled

I hope you have a lot of fun with it, Ken. ;)