TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 04:00:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 54
  • Total: 54

Problem with Articles after move

Started by thefley, December 30, 2008, 02:30:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thefley

SMF 1.1.7
TinyPortal v0.9.8

After I moved my site to another host and reinstalled SMF and TP  I can not get many of my articles to copy over. it is like there is a limit on how long the page can be or the length of the article can be and it  will cut off some of the posting in the articles. ( I did NOT upgrade to the newer TP at the time of the move)

Is this a setting or something wrong in TP or SMF?  for now I have to bust the articles up BUT I also noticed my custome actions does the same thing like it has a limit. 

sorry if this is in the wrong area.

G6Cad

Please read the Posting Guidelines.html

Especially the part "what tp and smf version" also i want you to take a look in the bugtracker and use the search for articles, there are numerous issues with them in tp v1.0.5 and 1.0.6

thefley

I put my TP and SMF versions in the post when I posted it.  and I always try the search first and the problem I am having I can not find.

as stated above ( I did NOT upgrade to the newer TP at the time of the move)  so I was wondering if it was a setting

IchBin

How are you copying them over? Are talking about when you restore a backup or something? Please explain what it is exactly that you're doing a little more if you can.

Look at your tp_articles table in your database. Look at the body row of that table and tell me what it says in the corresponding column for type.

thefley

Sorry about the lack of detail.

I did not use the database back up to restore the articles, I just copyed and pasted from the old site.  then last night I tried to copy and past from another website I have and make an article and I had the same problem and it cut if off like there is a limit to the lenght of an article.

is this what you were wanting to see from the DB?

# Table structure for table `smf_tp_articles`
#

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `smf_tp_articles`;

CREATE TABLE `smf_tp_articles` (
  id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  date int(11) NOT NULL default 0,
  body text NOT NULL,
  intro text NOT NULL,
  useintro tinyint(4) NOT NULL default 1,
  category smallint(6) NOT NULL default 0,
  frontpage tinyint(4) NOT NULL default 1,
  subject text NOT NULL,
  authorID int(11) NOT NULL default 0,
  author text NOT NULL,
  frame tinytext NOT NULL,
  approved tinyint(4) NOT NULL default 1,
  off tinyint(4) NOT NULL default 0,
  options text NOT NULL,
  parse tinyint(4) NOT NULL default 0,
  comments tinyint(4) NOT NULL default 0,
  comments_var text NOT NULL,
  views int(11) NOT NULL default 0,
  rating text NOT NULL,
  voters text NOT NULL,
  ID_THEME smallint(6) NOT NULL default 0,
  shortname tinytext NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY (id)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

#
# Dumping data in `smf_tp_articles`
#

INSERT INTO `smf_tp_articles`
(`id`, `date`, `body`, `intro`, `useintro`, `category`, `frontpage`, `subject`, `authorID`, `author`, `frame`, `approved`, `off`, `options`, `parse`, `comments`, `comments_var`, `views`, `rating`, `voters`, `ID_THEME`, `shortname`)

IchBin

Go into your database and change the type column of the body row in the articles table from text to longtext. That should fix it so that you can use more characters in an article. Text type is a maximum of 65,535 characters. longtext is a maximum of 4,294,967,295 characters. This has been fixed in TP 1.x

thefley

Thx, I just got around to fixing this and it worked great.

Thx for your time and help.   

one problem tho, when I did  it is lost all my articles. no big deal as I was in the middle of changing them anyways.   (but could not bring them back when I tried to import it within php myadmin.)