TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 07:32:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 128
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 53
  • Total: 53

TP Reviews module

Started by Megaforum, May 24, 2008, 04:25:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken.

Quote from: lextalionis on September 30, 2009, 04:33:45 PM
Just curious, is it frowned upon to modify modules and/or fix bugs during long absenses of support?  I would cerntainly post my findings here.

-Roy
You are welcome to work on or edit files that you have on your site Roy.
As for posted altered code for this Module, please hold off on the for now, I'll send you a PM.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

IchBin

I've spoken with Dragoon on IM just now. He's given permission for the TP team to go ahead and modify things if needed. If you have some fixes I'd be glad to add them. If not, I'll try to see if I can figure some things out when I get a spare moment.

lextalionis

Thanks guys!  Want to let you all know that I'm trying to be respectful...I understand priorities.

-Roy

Bec

I contacted Dragooon though his other site about 6 months ago now and he said he was too busy with his new gallery mod and other projects that nothing was going to happen with this one....

lextalionis

I've got hopes that either something will happen with this module OR a new reviews module will emerge...this is valuable module...when others are faced with using a more complex "pay-for" review system because there's just not much out there and they see one here in open-source format the demand will ramp quickly.

-Roy

IchBin

I've fixed a few errors in the code. I'm hoping I got them sorted. The only thing I haven't had a chance to look at is the guest error you reported. If I can't find that soon enough I'll at least post my fixed files for the errors.

lextalionis

I guess "hopes" equals Brad :) well at least it's something.  Thanks for looking into the code and what are your impressions with regards to ownership of this module?

-Roy

IchBin

Well, the ownership has been transfered to the TP Team by Dragoon. So, I don't see this module going to waste. :D If I can figure things out, I'll certainly add some features and fix it up as best I can. If you or anyone wants to help, I'm all for it. We can make this thing as cool as possible, only limited by the skills of coding abilities. lol

lextalionis

Okay Brad, thanks for the update...I'm glad to hear positive things about ownership.  While you work on some areas I will start looking at the TPReviews.php and asking some questions about the code with a developer friend that does a lot of php web forms.  Maybe I'll get him to register here.

It's probably too much to start off on, but I'd like to figure out how to select item where rating = max or something to that extent and then post it to the tpreviews category index so a user can see the top rated item up-front.  Of course, the little things stratightened out first is the main focus.

-Roy

Bec

Not sure if this is being worked on or not... but I am wondering with the rate fields rather than everyone having to input them when the review is created, can these be setup by default?