TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 07:53:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,195
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 144
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 49
  • Total: 50
  • @rjen

TP Reviews module

Started by Megaforum, May 24, 2008, 04:25:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IchBin

Awesome, thanks for the update Roy!

Ken.

I've sent a note to Dragooon to see if he is able to address the permissions issue.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

lextalionis

Okay,

Kind of hit a road block.  Here's a review I'm trying to put up for a Canon Zoom lens:  http://www.motleypixel.com/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;rvws;sa=viewitem;id=3  

So, in my regular forum the tagging allowed for admins in post is html and I installed iframe as well...here's an example of that iframe amazon widget working fine in my forum:  http://www.motleypixel.com/forum/index.php/topic,21.0.html

Basically when I edit an item in TPReviews, it doesn't seem to be using the same set of posting tags as I have in the regular fourm.  Because I only will be posting products, I would prefer to have html and iframe, in addition most likely YouTube too.  Any thoughts how to enable same posting tagging as my forum?

I also feel that the Edit Item | Delete should not be visable under comments, esp. since it's not enabled for users or guests, but regardless, it's a click that results in access denied page.

Did you hear from Dragooon?

Thanks,
Roy

Ken.

The "Edit Item | Delete" was reported as a bug, but at this point there has been no resolution:
http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php/topic,24109.msg206043.html#msg206043

Using YouTube videos works as seen in This Test Video/Review.
The "Aeva ~ Auto-Embed Video & Audio" is in use on my forum.

On the posting tags question; not sure what you mean there but for the test review above I didn't use any tags for the video, just the YouTube address for the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFXRJlKRD4A

On the iFrame question... just tried that (for the first time) and didn't get it to work so far. I don't know what the answer will be but the question will take more research.
In my attempts so far it will work when previewing a review, but when the review is saved only the raw code is displayed.

So far I've not had a reply from Dragooon, it may take some time because of his school work load.

" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

lextalionis

You know what's weird?  When I installed TP 1.0 beta 4 it seems to have wiped my installed packages (I say seems because they were no longer listed in the packages admin area); however, I do know for sure that my older ads management was acutaly still installed.  When I say my Ads Management gone in teh packages admin area I downloaded and installed the latest version and when I started using it, it had duplicate stuff everywhere from ads admin and to the ads themselves...I actually had to uninstall the new version through packages management and then manually uninstall the older version and then install the new version through ads management.

Now all this being said, same think with my older "youtube" package that put the youtube icon in the post tools.  Any way, I installed the Avea auto video embed and it's working now.  So no I guess I'll go and manually uninstall my old iframe package and install it again.

Thanks
Roy

Ken.

Quote from: lextalionis on September 25, 2009, 02:52:29 PM

Now all this being said, same think with my older "youtube" package that put the youtube icon in the post tools.  Any way, I installed the Avea auto video embed and it's working now.  So no I guess I'll go and manually uninstall my old iframe package and install it again.

Thanks
Roy

Glad things are starting to work out Roy. :up:
Please post any progress you are able to make on the iFrame issue. I'll look at it some more later to see if there is a way to make it work.

EDIT:
I've received a tip from trusted sources that the Module source code would likely need to be edited before an iFrame will work correctly in a Review, so for now we'll need to wait to see if Dragooon has time to address the issue.

lextalionis

Thanks Ken!

I got iFrame tagging to work:  http://www.motleypixel.com/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;rvws;sa=viewitem;id=3  this is just a mock-up review of a DSLR lens...I need to work on a template (using BBC code) so I can quickly add new products.  My end goal, once I'm approved by PriceGrabber, is to have a PriceGrabber Kiosk instead of an Amazon widget.

All looks good, to summarize the feature requests, hopefully I can get some php development help from my end, this is what I would "like" in the end:

1.  Address noted bug about comment modify/delete being visable.
2.  Allow admin moderated rating for Guests aka they can rate, but admin/mod is notified via email when the rate is entered and only posted once admin/mod approved.
3.  Category query on the back-end to pull in the top N-rated items into the index page for TPReviews (I may have a good developer contact on my end to help with this to and in keeping with OpenSource guidelines I will posts updates here.  I would also apply this to the Dragoon created Recent Reviews php TP Bloc, which I've tried here:  http://www.motleypixel.com/forum/index.php

Cheers,
Roy

lextalionis

Ken and Brad,

Any thoughts on the future of this module?  I've send Dragooon an email too (several days ago) just asking about the status with no response yet.

Are there ever any cases of another developer taking ownership of a module?  I'm tearing into the code and I'm making some sense of it (with the help of a web developer) and I would really like to try to fix a few minor issues and enhance this module.

Thanks,
Roy

Ken.

No news at this point Roy, we'll just need to wait for a while to give Dragooon enough time to respond.

lextalionis

Just curious, is it frowned upon to modify modules and/or fix bugs during long absenses of support?  I would cerntainly post my findings here.

-Roy