TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 07:54:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,195
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 144
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 52
  • Total: 52

TP Reviews module

Started by Megaforum, May 24, 2008, 04:25:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingsmoke

Quote from: AxS Voldsom on September 14, 2008, 03:40:13 AM
I'm having a problem with this module, everything works perfectly, accept anyone who isn't an admin can't add reviews. They can't see the "Add" button, only "Home" and "Search" and yes they have permission to add items.

You are having the same problem that I am having. My users cannot see those buttons either. Only admins can. I know I have set my permissions right because if I send them to this direct link: "http://xxxx.com/index.php?action=tpmod;rvws;sa=additem" They can add Items fine. It just doesn't show the button there.

AxS Voldsom

Yup, seems right, I just tested that similar link on my site and members can add items.

alhaudhie

Quote from: Ken. on August 30, 2008, 07:18:01 PM
Quote from: Dragooon on August 30, 2008, 07:05:35 PM
That Edit item | Delete is a known bug(Ken can you add it? I am having issues as usual with mine site and me).

And that commenter's avatar can be added, won't be hard.

Done :)

what must i do to add avatar?

AxS Voldsom

Any help with adding items out there? I wouldn't be this annoying, but since with TP v1 beta I can't add a block to the reviews section it's really getting on my nerves since this module is one of the best it would be nice to actually use it.

Dragooon

Open tp-files/tp-modules/TPReviews/Sources/TPReviews.php
Find
'show' => allowedTo('tp_rv_add'),
Replace it with
'show' => allowedTo('tp_rv_add_item'),

AxS Voldsom

Thanks man, works perfectly now.

Ken.

How you add a button/link would depend on what theme you are using joyboy2001, but you can get an idea at this link:
How to add a Home button or a new tab?

Please read the Posting Guidelines.html and we may be able to give you a better answer. :)
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

davieb

Ok this may well be an insanely stupid question but I'll try anyway.

How do I get this into a block?

I've installed the module and made sure it's switched on. I've then created the block, selected the type as TP Module but the only module I can select is the other one that is installed, namely TPAdvShout. There is no option to select TPReviews (it does show on the admin panel though)

Currently running SMF1.1.6 and TP 1.0.5

IchBin

Its not a block. Its a whole module, like the downloads module. You can enter reviews in, and have them display like an article etc.

davieb

Ok, then here comes stupid question 2 - how to I get it to display if it doesn't go in a block? Is it a case of just adding a tab to the menu and linking directly?