TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 10:46:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 64
  • Total: 64

Anti-Theft Block

Started by akulion, September 25, 2006, 11:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paulie

Max

Yea pretty good script.. dosent stop you from viewing the source :P

akulion

yea i wasnt able to find the "stop source code" code

but still atleast this will slow the theif down lol

Xarcell

one major problem with these kind of scripts. It also keep you from highlighting/copying text.

I guess it would be good for articles, keep people from stealing copyrighted content as well.

akulion

yea that can be pretty annoying for webmasters especially who may need to right click or copy cetain text

but then again everything has a price i guess

IchBin

I have a firefox extension that can turn javascript off on the tab. I also run the no script extension that doesn't allow scripts to run on a site unless I allow it. I love having a browser that is so customizable. :)

akulion

yea firefox is the best

especially considering the last IE bug that allowed 1000's of peoples compters to get hacked...it was on BBC today

Jump1979man

this works pretty good but you can still however hover over some images and the windows box shows up in the top left of the image and you can save, print, send the image through email, and open my images folder......

akulion

this works pretty good but you can still however hover over some images and the windows box shows up in the top left of the image and you can save, print, send the image through email, and open my images folder......

ive modified the script in the main post (post #1) to prevent the image tool bar from popin up

try it and lemme know

rctxtreme

QuoteUsers may NOT, however, redistribute or repost/ resell for download any DHTML script found on Dynamic Drive. Redistribution is defined as re-offering our scripts for download in any fashion, whether on a competing web site, an application that generates code snippets, or a CD-ROM collection of CSS/JavaScript codes etc. Some examples of what is acceptable and what is not are:

* Acceptable:
      -Use our DHTML scripts on any personal or commercial web site to aid in its functionality/ usability.
      -As a web designer, use our DHTML scripts in your paid projects for your client web sites.
      -As a software developer, use our DHTML scripts within a application/ program as part of its interface, such as a CSS menu being used as the program's navigation interface. The program itself can be distributable.

In all cases above, the credit notice within the script must remain intact and unaltered.
    * Not Acceptable:
      -Put our DHTML scripts on another script library or webmaster type site for others to download.
      -Use our DHTML scripts in any type of service or application whereby our codes are part of the product offerings themselves.
      -Put our DHTML scripts in any other types of medium for direct redistribution, such as a CD-ROM that consists of, but not limited to, webmaster codes and web graphics.

Oh dear... you've broken the terms of use.