TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 02:07:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 108
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 111
  • Total: 111

[TP 1.0.5b] TPAdvShout Suggestion

Started by eli, April 06, 2008, 04:30:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eli

I must say, I really adore the new Advanced shout module. However, for all the numerous layouts, the one I was hoping for is not present (or at least one variation of it).

I don't particularly care about the order of much else, but I would like to have these sections be in this order:
[AdvShout Body]
[BBC Code]*
[Emoticons]*
[AdvShout Input]

*Interchangeable

Perhaps a system like blocks where we can reorder the sections ourselves? That would probably be the easiest to accommodate all the possible arrangements.

G6Cad

Offcourse you want, but it's not going to happend ;)

eli

I'm not sure if that was intended to be a joke or not, but don't you think it's a little narrow-minded to instantly shut out suggestions? Would you mind giving any reasoning?

And I was under the impression that StormLtd made the AdvShout mod. Isn't he the final authority for suggestions like this?

G6Cad

Free software, free time, and 12 diffrent layouts allready.

And offcourse it was a joke, just so sad to see that some are never happy with the way things are the first day of a release. would be fun to some times read that WOW you done a GREAT job on all your free time so i could use this for free  ;)  :D

eli

Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on April 06, 2008, 04:30:58 AM
I must say, I really adore the new Advanced shout module.

That wasn't enough? I don't post often here, perhaps I should post more to give my praise, but I do appreciate TinyPortal and all the work you guys do. I posted this suggestion, as well, in the hopes of improving it, not complaining.

G6Cad

TP are in the works, and Storm is building the shoutbox module, and we are lucky to have them both cause they never stop build for improvements so dont be surprised if you see a lot more changes made in TP and the modules in the future.  :D

Offcourse suggestions are great to have, where do all the ideas come from if not from them  ;)

stormlrd

Maybe at some point i could change the layouts to something with an ordered list, but thought this way would be easier to understand for users. The trouble thats gonna happen with more settings for the shoutbox is more that can go wrong or misunderstood lol.

Its gonna be awhile before i do advanceshout 2.0 simply because I want to be sure everything is working correctly and stable. If you note profile shouts still doesnt work and you will have a bug in your error log if someone trys to shout from a location that has no action, in other words if its "index.php" without the ?action=blah on the end of it, it kicks an error. I hope to have these things address as soon as possible.

eli

Understood. In the meantime, I've been manually toying with the layouts of several blocks (particularly the User block) which have been changed around. Wouldn't be that hard to do the same for the Shoutbox.

I appreciate your response, StormLrd, and all the hard work you've done on the module. Kudos to you!

IchBin

Eliana, I really like the idea of being able to choose your own layout. I could see that being possible in my own mind. That would make the layout possibilities endless. Now whether Storm could figure that out is another question. :)