TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 07:33:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 33
  • Total: 33

[request] 'Show all articles in same category' + in category too

Started by hugo, March 10, 2007, 03:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hugo

In Article options is a check for 'Show all articles in same category' witch is very nic, but it's only visible when viewing an article, could it be possible to make this list vissible too if im viewing the whole 'Category' ?

Thanks

Nokonium

You can add a block that will display a list of articles in a category.

Admin>Block Manager>Add **** Block>Select Type: Article Category.

hugo

Yes i know that, but that's now what i mean :O

I want block with links to 5 categories and if the category opens to see list of articles on right, like if you open a single article, this would help browsing articles alot :)) I was planimg to do several lists of items using this list then i found out it don't appear in category root.
Would appreciate this alot :D

Look on it from user view, you are inside article and on right is list, now you have Category TAB's witch are excellent too, but when user click on the Category TAB the list on right dissapear and he must manually search the article he's interested in thru the pages [1,2,3,4,5..] listing at bottom

Shellius

I totally agree, I plan on having a lot of articles that are all like frontpages on my site and there is no easy way to navigate to them from inside the forum. In fact, I don't even see a way to make a link to an individual article.  Is there a way to do that now and if not, it would be really cool to have that ability.

(The only way I found to do it is to have them each in their own category.)

On another topic with articles, I also am having a problem with a few of my articles. They don't show up at all unless I change the dates on them to be older than they really are.  There is one article that doesn't exist that only shows up as a blank article #6.