TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 08:11:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 107
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online

[suggesion] commands in shoutbox

Started by brianjw, December 29, 2006, 02:02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianjw

I think the TinyPortal shoutbox should have commands. Like /clear would clear the entire shoutbox. Some of the commands only admins could use and others members can use.
Commands that are good for admins only (all): (the / included in the commands ||| The "<,>" marks not included in command)
/clear - completely empty the shoutbox
/banuser <mode> <username>: Ban a user by name. You should use the user's real username, otherwise the ban can be evaded. Mode can be "u" to unban, "rp" for read and post bans, or "p" for a post ban.
/banlist - List all bans currently in place. Unban the users by clicking on their names.
/banip <mode> <IP>: Ban a user by IP. Mode can be "u" to unban, "rp" for read and post bans, or "p" for a post ban.
/impersonate <user> [userlevel] [ip] [userid] /[shout text]: Impersonate a user. Shout text must be prefixed by a "/" or else it will fail.

<user>: Username to use
[userlevel]: User Level to use. 0=normal, 1=mod, 2=admin
[ip]: IP address to use, as 1.2.3.4
[userid]: User ID from forum, to fix profile link

commands good for members (admins get all)
/help [command]: Help on a command, or all if no command is specified.
/return - Go back to the Shout Box.
/me <message>: Emotes the message (e.g. * Nathaniel likes dogs.)

Thats all. If you come up with more commands post them here. and state if there for admins only or for everyone. (use the guide above that says what each value is)

G6Cad

You have that already in the Administration/tinyportal/blocks/Shoutbox

brianjw

Not all the ones I mensioned and it is alot faster and easier to just say the commands in the shoutbox then going into the shoutbox settings. ;)

G6Cad

All sugestions are there allready collected in the administration and remove shouts or all where I pointed the link.

It's not a good thing to have permissions and settings for the diffrent things all over the place. It's easier to have them collected in one place for TP. SMF have one to so there you have 2 places to check as is. more places will just mess things up.

IchBin

brianjw, I see what you're talking about. Unfortunately I have to agree with G6. While it seems like some really cool options to add. The shoutbox is just that, a shoutbox. Not an IRC channel.

brianjw

Well, take a look Here
Username: test
Password: test
(at the top in the alienation theme/default or enterprise)
shows a shoutbox with all those commands. I think I might replace the TP Shoutbox with this one ;D

G6Cad

I just hope you wont get hacked through the shoutbox when you alter and alowe code in there.
So be sure you keep the saftey first hand when it comes to the shoutbox

Xarcell

akulion

yup in fact i remember the days when a shoutbox used to be a 'single line' thingie intended to leave a short message for people to read.

Its only later that it developed into a multi line thingie

bloc

It will also mean that those commands have to be translated in real-time..more resources used just on that bit.

Actually..since shoutbox allows bbc code, its much more logical to add bbc codes for thsoe things, in which it will work fine inside the shoutbox - but not adding to its code.

brianjw

so your saying that we could use the commands just in bbc code? ???

bloc

Well, not directly..I haven't looked at what your suggestions were, but bbc code allow for more special tags. It might be done.