TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 02:03:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 71
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 106
  • Total: 106

TP > Forum page -

Started by snowcrash, April 27, 2005, 01:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snowcrash

Hi

I'm a total noob and have been looking for something like TP for ages - just d/l 0.6 beta. So first of all, a major thanks to Bloc and all your hard work

Ok, my question: I know its possible to toggle the the left and right blocks visibly on/off with the arrow buttons on the top left.

Though, is it possible to simply go into full forum view when u press the Forum button. Like its a default full page, as if the TP portal wasn't there. And you could go back to the TP by pressing Home (as is the case now)

Basically, I would like to use the TP as homepage, with LHS/RHS boxes visible, and the centre having text about the discussion board. And then when a user clicks Forum they go into the full page view of the forum, so the LHS/RHS boxes aren't present anymore.
I know this seems like it would be not using TP to full effect (!), but checking if it's possible.

thanks
snowcrash

IchBin

I think Bloc is aware that some people want this feature including me. :) I hope he puts it in his next release.

borgBOB

i believe making this a configurable option would be the best. An Admin option to either enable "full page view' or disable ' full page view'.

I don't like not seeing the shoutbox while I am in my forum. Just me humble opinion.

IchBin

Yes I agree. I should have been more clear on that.

Bjørn

I am adding the option of hidng one or both sides when in the forum, so yes, it will be possible. It will probably with time be more specific - that different parts of the forum have different setups: both hidden, one hidden - and blocks that ONLY appear in different parts of the forum and future "modules" ( like download manager, gallery etc.), as well as for different categories. So that a block can be set to show some info about the category - or even an article.

But thats somewhat down the road, at the moment its just the forum bit. I am doing it with an eye for these future things though, because personally I have a very good use for article- or category-specifc blocks. It will then replace a Geeklog combo i have running for a client perfectly. ;)   

snowcrash

Thanks for the quick replies!
I'm really looking forward to the additional options

I'm still working my way around the TP, so lots to learn - and really impressed with its elegance  :)

snowcrash

Crip

You could get a similar effect by using a non-TP theme and forcing it to be the theme when people entered into sections. Similar to how Bloc has his themes forced over in their respective forums.
http://www.tinyportal.net/smf/index.php?board=30.0
I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes

Bjørn

Thats true. Didn't think of that. :)