TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 10:47:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 61
  • Total: 61

My next new pc

Started by SmokyBlue, January 23, 2009, 04:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faded Glory

Quote from: SmokyBlue on January 23, 2009, 06:09:52 PM
not sure but if anyone is looking for a good travel desktop, i might be open for a good sale.. it is about 6 months old.. and the only thing with the keys on the board is the space key is shiney!!

Are you telling me the space key isn't supposed to be shiney??   :o   :2funny:

superQ

Looks good SB..  Where did you get it for $800 and what are the specs if I might ask?--This uses a keyboard and mouse too right--the touchscreen is just extra

SmokyBlue

lmao.. well like i said, im going to enjoy my new toy.. we could make this a competion, but if i hooked up my 51 inch flat screen as a monitor, instead of a tv, that will stream net stuff  :2funny: :2funny:

thanks guys..  :D ;)

@fg.. well its normally the quarty keys that shine out, and i do have a tendancy to bang my keys, however, i have a dual keyboard on here now, to save the lappys keyboard so its almost like new..

@superQ, i got it from tigerdirect, as a refurb.. but i put the 2 year warenty with it so im protected.. ;)

and here are the actual specs.. ;)

my buddy that used to work for hp, (harsh reality) he has the 3 monitor setup, loves every minuet and collects pc's. said if im not happy with it to send the thing to him lmao!! FAT chance!!!  :2funny: :2funny:

JPDeni

My mother-in-law just got a refurb laptop from TigerDirect. I have to go over there on Sunday to set it up for her.

SmokyBlue

i know what you mean JP..  :P

i got to do the same when mine gets here.. im just lucky i have the 64 bit programs now, which i should have gotten the 32 bit and that would have ran on my lappy.. ;)

Renegd98

I have a 26 inch widescreen at home with 6Gb memory, 1.2 TB HDD space... Nvidia 9800GTX 512 video card, Quad core AMD Phenoms 9850.. a rocking gaming system that gets me over 90 FPS on Crysis, AA and others...

At work I use a dual 19 inch monitor setup.

But anyway.. Smokey my sister in law was going to get the touch screen, 25 inch size I believe until I said one thing to her... are you going to like having to "lean" forward all the time to touch the screen?  As soon as she thought about that she decided not to get it.  I am sure you can still use a keyboard and mouse.. but then whats the use of touch screen?

My 2 cent$...

SmokyBlue

the thing comes with a keyboard and mouse both wireless and i can run my skype so its not a bad trade off.. :P

think my pen tool can fit into any of the 5 usb's and more, but its ok Renegd.. like i said, its my next new toy and ima love it!!  :D

superQ

SB you are paying a lot for that touch screen---the specs are decent but not for graphics imo--and you cant add a video card or upgrade the memory--the processor is not even acknowledged by HP and it is not fast by any means---How did you decide on this--were you talked into it??

ed_m2

Quote from: JPDeni on January 23, 2009, 05:47:51 PM
ed_m, :2funny: I was thinking the same thing. I hate it when anybody touches my computer screen.

my car has a touchscreen for the audio/nav... possibly the worst user interface to use when you're trying not to look at it!

G6Cad

The spec on that thing werent all that eather IMHO
The graphics and the CPU and Ram will not give you much more "power" then you have now IMHO. The change would all be the bigger screen  :)

I dont know what "standards" in US are for PCs, but i guess the same as here, and 2gh processors are about 3 years back in time, AM2 is low and with 2gb ram is what i have in my PC here ( bought about a year ago now ) Win Vista 32 Pro

I have AM2 AMD duall Core 3ghz and 2gb ram Nvidia 512mb graphics and (320gb disk "broken at the moment" )

I bought this with TG board and Optiocal Mouse for half the price. ( Ok i didnt buy a new screen then )

A friend of mine works at the cinema we have here, and they have some touch screen as a cacheregister, it's horrible, the calibration stops working after just a few min and you have to use that cleaner to clean the screen, it's like the fingertips stays opn the screen, and the curser believe the finger is still there  :2funny:

Anyway, good luck with the new PC, as long as you are happy with it it's whats count  :)