TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 07:47:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 112
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 64
  • Total: 64

TP not working w/ SMF Upgrade Patch

Started by Lotis, June 24, 2007, 09:12:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lotis

I just upgraded my SMF from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 using the automated upgrade patch provided by SMF via the Package Mgr. in the admin section of my forum.

I then uploaded the zip file TP 0.983 (regular, not the one marked manual install). It seems to have installed it but TP is not appearing on the front end of the forum. All the files in zip were listed as ok before I clicked install. I did get an error message during the install however, but I've lost the message now. But I think it was a lost connection with the database.

Yet when I now go into my Package manager, it lists TP as installed. I thought to uninstall and reinstall it but when I go to do so, I get Test Failed for all the files listed. So now I'm afraid to click anything.

Does this not work with the SMF upgrade patch, or is there something else going on?

Thanks for any assistance.

G6Cad

Download the manual install package and extract the files on your local machine, upload and replace the files with the old ones through FTP
Then point the browser to ,anual_tp_install.php and let it update the tables.
If you still cant see the TP in the default Core theme, check the documentation "modinstructions" and make sure all the strings TP needs are added to the SMF files.

Lotis

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, now the forum doesn't show at all, I get an error message:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '}' in
... /community/index.php on line 356

I uploaded the files from the manual download, then pointed the browser to manual_tp_install. Tinyportal didn't show up.

So then I went into the mod instructions, downloaded the files that needed to be edited for TP and then uploaded the revisions. Now I get the above error.

G6Cad

open your index.php file in the forum root and check the line you get the error from.
Then look at the file modification instruction and make sure the strings are there and they are correct

Lotis

Thanks for your fast reply!

I kept a copy of the files before I revised them, so I did a second revision of index.php and uploaded it. That seemed to correct the line error. Then I got a similar error message for another revised file. I re-did that one too, uploaded it and now everything seems ok. *crosses fingers*

Thank you for helping me through that!

Another question:  Is it ok for me to go into the Packages Mgr. and delete the old version of TP (0.971)?

And to delete mods that worked with 1.1.1 but don't seem to work with 1.1.2 (I did know to uninstall all mods before I attempted the upgrade, they're just still listed in the Packages Mgr. now)?

G6Cad

It should be OK for you to delete the version as long as it's not marked as green (installed)

Lotis