TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 03:14:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 112
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 62
  • Total: 62

Weird error in board stats

Started by whoesa, August 16, 2006, 01:03:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whoesa

I know this has more likely something to do with SMF but i wanted to post it here for people that didn't know about it.
Today when i was looking in "Who's online" at my site and i noticed that guests were viewing a board they haven't permission for. ??? I wanted to know how they did it and find out a way to do so.
When you click on "More Stats" in your board index, they are able to see top 10 boards, topics, etc... Then, when they click on any link in there, they can simple view this board even if they not supposed to do :o

Is that a known bug and is there a fix for it?

PS: I tested this here on TP-site and i could read the installation board as guest aswell.

elpvn

Yes, I see

It's simple and I think you need set the permission to each member group on group admin section ( just put check/uncheck at views more stats permission options)

Hope it's fineÃ,  :)

Max

just a permission problem i think...

or it could be just spiders crawling your site?

whoesa

Yes when i uncheck "View forum statistics" for guests, they can't access it anymore. But when i leave it like it is, wouldn't it be more logical that guests can't see that particular board(when they don't have the permission for it) in the top 10 board section?

Donno if it's spiders...don't have that mod installed  :)

whoesa

Quote from: Maxâââ,¬Å¾Ã,¢ on August 16, 2006, 01:24:57 AM

just a permission problem i think...

Uh your right, it was a permission problem, how could i be so :uglystupid2:

When i unchecked those boards for guests to view, i didn't uncheck the childboards in there.

It's all fine now  :)

Maybe Bloc forgot to uncheck his childboards to in those boards?

bloc

I will check. Could be I forgot one, although its only TP boards which are closed to guests.