TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 11:41:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 112
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 88
  • Total: 89
  • @rjen

Suggestions neede: Menu System

Started by akulion, July 27, 2006, 08:31:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloc

What really would be cool, is to have Amber theme display multiple levels..and in the same graphics as the menu. But it require that all menus go in a array first, with a "level" on each, so the rendering routine knows where everything goes.

akulion

ive discovered something even cooler bloc!

something which infact all of SMF could use!

check this out:

http://www.tohzhiqiang.per.sg/projects/jsdomenu/docs/example.php

Left click anywhere on the page - any empty space

bloc

Not bad lol :) But kind of hard to see its there before you try it. I think having visible main menus is better then.

akulion

yea im working on this for my site with a small sign to tell the user that menu is activated by clicking anywhere on the screen

I just hope my visitors can read :2funny:

anunlike

I've been wondering about something like what's implemented with SMF's Advanced Search page. You can click on the "Choose a board to search in, or search all" and it will expand and show the categories / boards to search in underneath.

I'd love to see a menu block like that. You know, just have the main categories always showing and then the articles / links / etc. shrinked and not showing. So, when you click on the category or on an image (ex: the + and - buttons), it'll expand and show the articles / links / etc. Click on it again, and they'll shrink and not show.

akulion

I think SMF desperately needs to incorporate vB style menus - they look very elegant plus they really make posibilities limitless with drop down menus and search box in menus etc etc

not to mention they also use it for "thread tools" if u know what i mean - those thread tools are AWESOME

Nokonium

Quote from: akulion on July 27, 2006, 05:46:20 PM
I think SMF desperately needs to incorporate vB style menus

I don't know what they look like

akulion

oh tye are awesome check out any vbboard

IchBin

Quote from: akulion on July 27, 2006, 05:46:20 PM
I think SMF desperately needs to incorporate vB style menus - they look very elegant plus they really make posibilities limitless with drop down menus and search box in menus etc etc

not to mention they also use it for "thread tools" if u know what i mean - those thread tools are AWESOME
Well we have our very own SMF theme guru here that has a good influence on the default theme for SMF. Maybe we can convince him to do something similar, but better. :)

akulion

yes yes better :D

by the way did u see the menu system i put on my page? :D its really cool :D