TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 04:27:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 48
  • Total: 48

suggestion

Started by a2h, October 28, 2006, 04:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a2h

would it be possible to make a reminder mod, that will remind members of things they enter into it to be reminded of ? such as appointments, daily routine things, such medication doses,etc.

perhaps it could be modded through the calendar,or clock or a combination of them both, and show up both with a reminder icon in the members profile,9similar to how it already does with birthdays) along with a private reminder message to the member?

with the flexibility to allow these permissions to specific member groups....

i have a great need for something like this, any help would be deeply appreciated.

JPDeni

It might work as a daily reminder, but I don't think you would be able to count on it for an alarm clock sort of thing. You could set up a cron job to send PMs and/or emails. The problem with specific timing is that you can't guarantee that a person is going to be at your site to pick up the PM at exactly the right time or that emails are going to be sent at exactly the right time. You never know when there's something that is going to get in the way of emails.

It might be better for each person to use something on their own computers as reminders. I like TurboNote which has a simple free version you can download. I use it all the time for all kinds of stuff. It's like having Post-It notes on my computer. :)