TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 20, 2024, 07:56:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,195
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 144
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 46
  • Total: 46

I installed it, but it doesn't work

Started by Pyro In A Cage, August 16, 2006, 12:27:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shawn1340

Quote from: Mrs G6 on August 27, 2006, 12:29:10 AM
Do you have TP admin precent in the default theme?
If the install went well and with out errors, what file do you need to complete the install?
If you have tpadmin in default, i suggest you uninstall helios and reinstall the theme, make sure the forum is set to Default SMF core.

No, TPADMIN is not present in any theme that I try to set as default. It looks like I have to start editing the files with the chages you provided in the text file instructions.

JPG's little trick didn't work either.

Shawn1340

TP_mod-instructions.txt is what I was referring to as instructions.

I admit I am new but not completely lost.

G6Cad

index.template.php  // to your default theme directory
index.php  //your forum root directory

load.php
ManagePermission.php
Subs.php

All green to your forum/sources

That is the files you copy and pate the code in to. Those are done, so upload them and you should be good to go, Some errors can be there as you using 1.1rc3, but it should work to start the portal

Shawn1340

Thank you! I will get started on the changes.

Quix

Quote from: Mrs G6 on August 27, 2006, 12:52:05 AM
index.template.php  // to your default theme directory
index.php  //your forum root directory

load.php
ManagePermission.php
Subs.php

All green to your forum/sources

That is the files you copy and pate the code in to. Those are done, so upload them and you should be good to go, Some errors can be there as you using 1.1rc3, but it should work to start the portal

As a noobie website admin, thanks heaps for suppling the modded files. For me just to upload files is... well achievable.

Sounds lame, but I have no confidence editing files directly and getting them right.

jacobselby

I did all that now, I have the box where it says tiny portal in the admin section, but still no options, its blank

jacobselby

Wait a sec, I'm running SMF 1.1 RC3 now, does that have anything to do with it?

Jpg

Try using the default theme and see if you can edit things. Give it a shot. ;)

Shawn1340

Thanks Mrs G6 for all your help. I made all the changes and was able to get back into the TinyPortal Admin. The changes created several other issues with the Helios theme, so I tried the default theme which worked much better. It almost felt like I had contol again but still had issues with the recent posts listing and some bad icons. It also said I was running SMF 1.1 RC2 after the changes.

The site owner didn't like it and wanted it all changed back for now. He mentioned a new release of TinyPortal and possibly the Helios theme, that is suppose to correct everything. So I guess I will wait and try this again later.