TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 17, 2024, 12:25:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 54
  • Total: 54

Error installing TP1 RC2 using SMF2 final

Started by sgnaffos, September 06, 2011, 06:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgnaffos

I've used TinyPortal with smf1 and now I'd like to install TinyPortal in a new site with SMF2 final, but on my test server, when I try to install TinyPortal10_rc2 I have this error:

Field 'description' doesn't have a default value
File: ...\forums\smf2_tinyportal\Packages\temp\SMF2\tp_upgrade.php
Line: 938

I've tried to install it manually and run tp_upgrade.php stand-alone, but I found the same error.

Can you help me?

IchBin

So you are install TP into a new install of SMF2?

TP has never been installed on this SMF install previously?

Do you know what version of MySQL are you using?

sgnaffos

My test server is running on  win7 pc with MySQL 5.5.9 + Apache/2.2.17 + PHP/5.3.5.

In my first attempt smf2 final with the "utf8 support" option unchecked and then, installing tinyportal, I found the error I've posted.

Later I tried to do the same but when installing smf2 from scratch I checked that option and TP installation was OK.
Then I tried to do some customization on TP....I tried to add a block with recent topic in the frontpage but I saw this error:

Field 'var3' doesn't have a default value
File: ...htdocs\forums\smf2_tinyportal_utf8\Sources\TPortalAdmin.php
Line: 3265

I used TP 0.98 for 3 years.....and I'd like to use this version for next 3 years!!!

sgnaffos

Quote from: IchBinâ,,¢ on September 06, 2011, 07:40:56 PM
So you are install TP into a new install of SMF2?

TP has never been installed on this SMF install previously?

Do you know what version of MySQL are you using?

So is not possible to install TP on SMF2 from scracth?
Is it allowed only to upgrade from TP 0.98?

IchBin

sgnaffos, are you running a program that installed those server applications for you? I'd like to test the same thing to see what is causing it, as I can't reproduce the same problem on my end.

If you want to install TP from scratch, it's certainly possible. Just follow the manual instructions.

sgnaffos

Quote from: IchBinâ,,¢ on September 12, 2011, 03:57:53 PM
sgnaffos, are you running a program that installed those server applications for you? I'd like to test the same thing to see what is causing it, as I can't reproduce the same problem on my end.

If you want to install TP from scratch, it's certainly possible. Just follow the manual instructions.

First I try to install TP from scratch following instructions I found in smf mod site, but when I run "update.php" I got the error I refer in my first post.
Because of the name "update.php" I supposed that I need an "install.php" file....so my question about install TP from scratch!!

Later I try to install TP from scratch using smf package manager and the installation process was succesfull but when I try to customize TP I get the other error...

In both cases I've use the same PC with the configuration I've told before....with php, mysql, apche manual installed

IchBin

I"m aware there are some bugs that exist in the manual installation for the database file tp_upgrade.php.

Try running this one instead that I posted here:
http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=34150.0

sgnaffos

Hi IchBinâ,,¢....
I've made these two tests:

• Install (from scratch) SMF 1.14, then upgrade to SMF 2
  • Install (from scratch) SMF 2

and then I've tried to install TP.

In both cases TP installs SUCCESFULLY ONLY if, in SMF installation wizard, I checked "Use UTF-8 as default character set".

But when I try to add a new block I get this error:

File: ....\Sources\TPortalAdmin.php

I've serched for 'var3' in TPortalAdmin.php but I've not found tihs (there's 'var2'...).

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

PS: I've used 'tp_upgrade.php' script that you linked to me....

jbradley

I am having the very same problem and I to have tried the updated 'tp_upgrade.php' script as well
Can you provide an SQL import please.

Quote from: sgnaffos on September 16, 2011, 10:48:53 PM
Hi IchBinâ,,¢....
I've made these two tests:

• Install (from scratch) SMF 1.14, then upgrade to SMF 2
  • Install (from scratch) SMF 2

and then I've tried to install TP.

In both cases TP installs SUCCESFULLY ONLY if, in SMF installation wizard, I checked "Use UTF-8 as default character set".

But when I try to add a new block I get this error:

File: ....\Sources\TPortalAdmin.php

I've serched for 'var3' in TPortalAdmin.php but I've not found tihs (there's 'var2'...).

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance

PS: I've used 'tp_upgrade.php' script that you linked to me....

IchBin

When msyql requires a default value I think it indicates that your mysql install has strict mode set (turned on). At this point, I don't know enough to get around that problem yet, as I'm still pretty new to mysql and all it's rules. I can only suggest you see if you can get strict mode turned off at your host. If I knew the code better for TP, I could maybe give a work around, but not at this point.

jbradley

Thank you did the following
lynnepope.net/turn-off-mysql-strict-mode
Then ran new tp_upgrade.php again.
Works

IchBin

Excellent. Thanks for posting back that it worked for you.