TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 03:30:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 100
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 96
  • Total: 96

Install problem with SMF1.1.2

Started by virtualdave, February 17, 2007, 03:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MinasC

i did just that and it worked !!! case solved , thnx everyone for the help !!!

Eagle22

I'm experiencing a problem which appears to be somewhat similar:

Downloaded SMF 1.1.2 about a month ago, and am trying to apply the TP mod (TP_0971.zip) that I downloaded from this link after reading:

http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=13225.0

Initially I got an error due to changes I made at the index.templates.php page, but after overwriting those changes to an original copy I was able to get all the installation actions to report as "Test Successful".

When I clicked on the "Install Now" button, this is the error I'm receiving now.

Fatal error: packageinstall(): Failed opening required '/home/tscsports/www/tscforum/Packages/temp/./tp_install.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/share/pear:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tscsports/www/tscforum/Sources/Packages.php on line 552

Any help or insight would be appreciated .....

here is some other information, which after glancing through this thread may or may not be pertinent ..

http://www.tscsports.com/phpinfo.php

Thanks for your help ....

G6Cad

open your package folder through FTP, create a folder and name it "temp"  set the folder permissions on packages and that new temp folder to 777 and then try to install through the manager again.

Eagle22

Thanks G6â„¢  :up: :up: :up:

That did the trick.  I sincerely appreciate the help and the rapid reply !

Hakker

I not here to hijack the thread or something but I got the same exact problem and reckoned it would be more usefull to continue here then to open a new one.

QuoteFatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/usr/home/deb3842/domains/hakkah.net/public_html/Packages/temp/./tp_install.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/home/deb3842/domains/hakkah.net/public_html/Sources/Packages.php on line 552

checkbox:

- did use the modified 0.971 package
- did create a temp dir in Packages
- did make is 777 like Packages dir
- Sources directory files are set to 644
- php version is 5.21 see phpinfo link

G6Cad

Quote- Sources directory files are set to 644

Should be atleast 755 on all files or even 777 on some hosts.

Hakker

as usual it's a very simple thing that got me insane. Well one thing is for sure Installtron is then wrong because it sets most files to 644 including themes and all.
Thanks G6

IchBin

That is actually the way the server is setup and doesn't have anything to do with the SMF/TP install routine.

Eagle22

My server did the same thing ... I'm still chmoding the files to 777 ... maybe one day I'll get done ;)