TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 07:33:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 128
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 53
  • Total: 54
  • @rjen

Install problem with SMF1.1.2

Started by virtualdave, February 17, 2007, 03:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

virtualdave

I have gotten to the very last step of installing TP on my recently upgraded SMF1.1.2 forum. I am using tp version TP_0971.zip. All the previous steps went fine, however when I get to the Install Now button I get this message.

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/fishin24/public_html/forum/Packages/temp/./tp_install.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/fishin24/public_html/forum/Sources/Packages.php on line 552

Any help would be appreciated.
thanks
virtualdave

Dazed

Dave it was my understanding that you have to edit some files to directly apply it.
I read something earlier today here so you may just search it... Otherwise I just had 1.1.1, installed .97, then checked for errors and applied the 1.1.2 patch directly from the admin panel inside TP.

virtualdave

Not quite sure what you are getting at. Is this, TP_0971.zip, just a patch?  Should I have started from an earlier version (TP.97) and then applied this (TP_0971.zip) as a patch or am I not getting it?
virtualdave

Dazed

9.71 only supports 1.1.1... :) Do that first.

virtualdave

This is where I aquired the TP file I downloaded, and then attempted to install via my SMF Package Manager.

http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=13225.msg110160#msg110160

virtualdave

Lesmond

Dazed

See, I just applied the update using the admin control panel. I did not alter any TP files. I have an active 1.1.1 w/ .97. Then from the admin panel did the update from within. Maybe you are getting a corrupt file transfer? Is there any way to go back to 1.1.1 or can you not remove the edits?

virtualdave

I don't even want to comtemplate going back to an older version of SMF. It just got out of the SMF support shop. There was some sort of problem that was stopping the database from updating to 1.1.1. They got it straightened out just yesterday so I'm not undoing any of the forward momentum. When it came back it was updated to the newest 1.1.2 version of SMF. It just seems that I am one click away from success and I'm hoping that someone will understand the error message and be able to tell me what to do to rectify it. If that dosen't happen I might try the manual install.
virtualdave

Dazed

Good luck then. I hope it goes successfully... ;)

PowerPyx

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/fishin24/public_html/forum/Packages/temp/./tp_install.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php')

---

thats nothin to do with tp or smf - it's about the installed php version on your webhosting - you should take a look which version of php is installed - should be 4.4.x or newer

Pyx