TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 19, 2024, 07:32:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 128
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 51
  • Total: 51

Major Problems once upgraded to 1.1 SMF and Installed TP

Started by snoopy_inc, January 14, 2007, 09:13:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopy_inc

ahh... well basically this is what happened in a nutshell.

I backed up all files.
Did Web install for SMF
Once web install was finished tp was gone and so were my other mods.
Installed latest version of TP and got that error above.
Fixed it manually for now by using backup subs and load.php.

I will try upload the load and subs.php from the install file i got from g6.  hope that will work.

snoopy_inc

G6 explain this to me plz. 

I got the files from http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=11547.0 in your attachment.
Uploaded them
And now im getting the same error i had before
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tp_loadtheme() in /home/html/*******/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 1131

G6Cad

OK we start over now.  First off, MAKE A COMPLETE BACKUP!! Both of the files and the database.

1. Download the UPDATE pack from SMF and extract the package. upload all of the files to your forum and OVERWIRITE the old ones. make SURE they DO get overwritten.
2. make sure your forum is set to use SMF DEFAULT CORE THEME
3. Make sure your files gets UPLOADED correct when you FTP them, and that they DO overwrite the old ones.

If you use the SMF default Core theme, and you are SURE the files are not broken or break during the transfer.
You have to download the MANUALL install package from the download section.
Extract and upload all the files, Again make sure all files really DO get replaced and that they REPLACE the old ones.
Then upload the files from the ZIP premade files again, and again, make sure the DO get uploaded and that they replace the old ones

Those steps will make sure you have corect files, and versions if you do the steps and have the forum to all defaults.
If you have any other mods installed now, you will end up in adding them back in again, but AFTER you have installed TP first.

snoopy_inc

ok i will give that a try..... been working on this for the last 15 hours now so ill get to it early next week.

Thanks g6 ill get back to you on progress.

Just a question.... why this such a problem?  I followed instructions exactly when i installed and it installed correctly cause it asked me to restart forum.... as soon as i click on anything else it bombs out and i cant get in unless i alter files manually.

G6Cad

Cant say, but often it has with that the files dont get uploaded correct through FTP if you have the settings wrong in it.
I dont know what FTP program you have, but you can try out the Filezilla, it's a great software and have settings to use auto and it works fine in that.
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=21558

snoopy_inc

I have just noticed a bunch of other errors have cropped up.

Maybe some sort of idea what they mean?

http://*******/forum/index.php?action=spellcheck
8: Undefined offset: 2
File: /home/html/******/forum/Sources/Subs-Post.php
Line: 1313
&
http://********/forum/index.php?action=help;page=pm
8: Undefined index: tp-tphelp
File: /home/html/******/forum/Themes/default/Help.template.php
Line: 171

snoopy_inc

As far as uploads are concerned.
Upload of TP went fine.... Installation also went fine.... Something else in code caused it to go nuts?

G6Cad

Yes, probably because you have a lot of broken files.
Follow what i said and you will have a working forum

Use the file zilla and do as i said, cause this is not leading anywhere if you dont.

Even if it seems like the files gets uploaded, they may be broken and missing codes in them.

Try the filezilla, follow the steps i wrote.

snoopy_inc

Quote from: G6â„¢ on January 14, 2007, 03:06:03 PM
OK we start over now.  First off, MAKE A COMPLETE BACKUP!! Both of the files and the database.

1. Download the UPDATE pack from SMF and extract the package. upload all of the files to your forum and OVERWIRITE the old ones. make SURE they DO get overwritten.
2. make sure your forum is set to use SMF DEFAULT CORE THEME
3. Make sure your files gets UPLOADED correct when you FTP them, and that they DO overwrite the old ones.

If you use the SMF default Core theme, and you are SURE the files are not broken or break during the transfer.
You have to download the MANUALL install package from the download section.
Extract and upload all the files, Again make sure all files really DO get replaced and that they REPLACE the old ones.
Then upload the files from the ZIP premade files again, and again, make sure the DO get uploaded and that they replace the old ones

Those steps will make sure you have corect files, and versions if you do the steps and have the forum to all defaults.
If you have any other mods installed now, you will end up in adding them back in again, but AFTER you have installed TP first.

Tell me something g6......... What about the posts and members i have? will they still be there?
what you telling me to do is to reinstall from scratch?

hygron

If you created a drop table, downloaded a copy of your database, and retained a copy of your attachments file, then everything should come right back up, after you reinstall everything in order.

I uploaded my database after fresh smf 1.1.1 install, then I installed Tp v097 over that, then Mods and themes