TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 11:43:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 112
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 94
  • Total: 95
  • @rjen

Quick Register block

Started by Chodhry, June 19, 2006, 02:21:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

penfield

removed the clss1 database but get the same error message. when i submit the Quick Register form there is an attempt to log on to a non-SMF, now non-existent database.

IchBin

Well there's something else going on because this code doesn't seem to be touching anything like that. Not sure what to tell you at this point.

penfield

i appreciate your help thus far (and on many other topics) will post later.

ZarPrime

Quote from: rbh on June 19, 2006, 09:58:33 PM
i like it.....but i use captcha with my registration. wonder if it is possible to make a block like this with captcha in it too?

I hate to bother everybody, but has anybody figured out a way to make this happen in the html block in the first post when captcha is enabled on a forum?  If so, please do tell us how to do it.

Thanks,
ZarPrime

penfield

So, I Did a new install of smf 1.1.2 and TP 9.8 in a new directory with new database. I created the php block and entered registration info. got the same error.  :o

i can register just fine if i click on register and submit the form that has the user terms...do i need to speak with my host about this?

penfield

Solved:- This would be a stupid error if I considered myself knowledgeable in php. The problem was that smf is installed in a sub folder and the php code here assumes it is installed in the root. the fix is to add "/subfoldername" to "index.php?..." in the second line so it reads "/subfoldername/index.php?..."

ZarPrime

Quote from: penfield on March 27, 2007, 10:35:26 PM
Solved:- This would be a stupid error if I considered myself knowledgeable in php. The problem was that smf is installed in a sub folder and the php code here assumes it is installed in the root. the fix is to add "/subfoldername" to "index.php?..." in the second line so it reads "/subfoldername/index.php?..."

That's true except it still doesn't work if you have captcha enabled.  Disable captcha and it probably works.

ZarPrime

penfield

Skiller - did you figure out how to get the problem fixed that was generating your error messages? I have the same problem 8: Use of undefined constant quick_register_terms - assumed 'quick_register_terms'
File: /home/mysite/public_html/smf/Themes/default/TPortal.template.php (eval?)
Line: 29
I changed the code in index.english.php, but still getting lots of errors.   Thanks!

penfield

For me, the php block produced too many errors, so I had to remove it. However, the html block is working just fine  :)

falguni1

very best snippet

I am using scriptbox  :)