TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 04:34:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,886
  • Latest: Grendor
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,189
  • Total Topics: 21,220
  • Online today: 112
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 40
  • Total: 40

Copyright not showing

Started by Lord Anubis, April 21, 2013, 09:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Anubis

Link to my forum: http://www.blabbster.com/
SMF version: 1.1.18
TP version: 1.0
Default Forum Language: inglés
Theme name and version: Anecdota by Crip
Browser Name and Version: Chrome
Mods installed: Too Many
Related Error messages: None

Did a fresh install of TP 1.0 (manually) and was shocked it didn't show the TP copyright, I have lots of respect for TinyPortal and would like to show my love, what did I miss to show the copyright?

IchBin

Does it show the same way in the default core theme? Been so long since I've worked on the SMF1.1.x version that I don't remember how it did the copyright. If it's showing in the default theme then the theme likely has to be modified. But I don't remember if this was the case before. If not, then it's probably trying to modify the output before the page is rendered, and it's not finding what it needs in your custom theme in order to place the copyright in there. I'll have to take a closer look here when I get a chance. Not time at the moment.

Lord Anubis

yeah still doesn't show on default theme either, may just write it in manually  O0

IchBin

Found the function in the TPSubs.php file in the Sources directory. It is looking for this string:

Simple Machines LLC</a>

Once it finds that string it will put the TP copyright directly after it on a separately line I believe.

Not sure if that's a miss on TP's part, or if SMF changed it... Doesn't matter. If you just change that part in the code and remove the LLC it should probably work.

Find this code:

$find 
= array(

', Simple Machines LLC</a>',

Change it to this:

$find 
= array(

', Simple Machines</a>',

Lord Anubis